MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Day 12 of HFG's pootlings.....or not!

Day 12 of HFG's pootlings.....or not! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Day 12 of HFG's pootlings.....or not! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Day 12 of HFG's pootlings.....or not!

Wrong that someone could suggest someone else of being a stripper ... not wrong that anyone could be interested in you personally stripping Stella ... if you know what I mean? I'll shut up now ..

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 06/05/2009 19:30  

Geoff may I borrow that spade when you've done digging?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/05/2009 20:40  

thought i had to dig big hole,,,, seems not now!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2009 22:37  

Did Dave or other mate clean out the sediment trap on the bottom of tap? Still sounds like a fuel problem rather than a coil. BTW I have four single lead coils spare but they are meant for a VFR so probably to meaty for yours. Geoff, a small single is better to run slighty rich as it runs a bit cooler, go the other way and it will hole a piston through overheating the chamber. Also if its only being used for pootling about it will oil up anyway. Was the plug ya mate fitted in the correct heat range? One number either way from standard is acceptable. Did he set the mixture screw to factory spec or do it by ear? I'd find out the proper position and set it to that.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 09/05/2009 06:16  

??? I don't know lol! I wasn't there! Good points though Ghostie. I still think also that it's something to do with muck in the tank or similar. HFG, the fact that fuel wasn't flowing until you took the filter out and then it flowed freely points the finger at the filter (naughty filter). I reckon Ghostie is right, you need to check the tap and filter properly again. I'd certainly do this before buying a new coil (cos it's free). Take the filter and the tap out (obviously you have a possible what do I do with the petrol problem, but you may be able to siphon or pour it into something, possibly even your car!), strip them down fully and clean them thoroughly. Either that, or buy a Honda (quickly ducks and exits)

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 09/05/2009 07:32  

will somebody come and check my coil please...? I ordered a ton but i think they've short-changed me..... . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/05/2009 10:18  

You may have to explain that to those south of the Watford Gap, Karey!

Update Reply
maxnod @ 09/05/2009 11:12  

lol @ Maz.. ah kno lad.. the teachings of Karey

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/05/2009 11:18  

Aye lass, tha knows!

Update Reply
maxnod @ 09/05/2009 11:29  

I dunno about anyone else I missed the coal gag there and I was born in Barnsley.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/05/2009 12:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email