MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Mobile mechanic

Mobile mechanic - Forums [Biker Match] Mobile mechanic - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Mobile mechanic

I'm thinkin of becoming a sort of mobile mechanic as I've noticed a few posts on here which suggest that there are quite a few on here who could use some help As I'm semi-retired, I am often at a "loose end" and wouldn't mind visitin fellow bikers to help out with minor repairs, MOT prep and general maintenance. I am not quite solvent at the mo (but in a few weeks will be) but I would be willing to travel to help out for the cost of petrol and a cuppa or 2 (maybe a meal if it takes a while) This is a serious offer not a joke post Let me know, I'll watch this post. Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/04/2009 10:35  

How far are you willing to travel for a cuppa? Coz my bike needs a full service

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/04/2009 10:52  

Like I said, pay teavel expenses an pay 4 parts an materials. Labour is free

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/04/2009 10:58  

Good luck with your new venture, Em!! Loving your spirit (...and good lucking getting your toolkit through airport security when you go to visit Matt!!)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 15/04/2009 11:07  

employment offer in the post (1st class!)

Update Reply
julie j @ 15/04/2009 11:22  

Dont fly TC (besides no passport) but panniers, top box an tank bag hold most tools I need

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/04/2009 11:30  

Julie was first! Congrats JJ

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/04/2009 11:34  

I've added u to my list of useful ppl EM !

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/04/2009 11:40  

You mean I wasn't on it already Kaz Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/04/2009 11:58  

stands on the sidelines waving madly going OOOooooo OOOOOOO ME...me...... !! ..I have a chain that needs tightening, one indicator that needs replacing, 1 clutch lever that needs replacing & 1 indicator cover that needs replacing - tales to be told at a later stage on that incident!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 15/04/2009 11:59  

Ur number 2 HFG. Pm me wi your contact details an I'll make suitable arrangements. Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/04/2009 12:01  

of course u are EM...you've just moved up in importance I too have some jobs need doing.. or rather someone to help me do them..i gotta learn misen..lol Hey Stella, we could do a joint workshop/session lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/04/2009 12:10  

Thats a grand idea Gromett I've no objections to doin "joint" workshop/instruction sessions the more the merrier, many hands an all that

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/04/2009 12:59  

hey yep that's cool - I've got a drive that we could work on (weather permitting) other than that it may mean that I need to pull me finger out & get the garage tidied up a bit & then we could get both bikes in - well maybe not...maybe just working on one at a time Unless you've got space at yours Kaz?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 15/04/2009 13:34  

Crackin idead there em , my bandit due for MOT 3rd June , will be due next service by then too and valve clearances want doing .
You'll get to meet bikerlind too , who will be more than happy to keep the cuppas and chat going , I'm a dab hand at the curries if you like spicy food . Got a garage to work in .

Update Reply
fastjock @ 15/04/2009 13:48  

I'll make a note of that FJ an I'd be happy t help wi ur tappets etc., do u have a manual ? If not there are loads of other forums to consult for tech specs PS curries, chillis but cant do mushrooms (alergic )

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/04/2009 13:53  

oh dear - have now got visions of Em legging it from a flyagaric which is in hot persuit going "Nooooo Im allergic!!" **sometime I wonder where my mind takes me!! **

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 15/04/2009 14:29  

When I was a "hippy", in my youth, (yes many years ago TM) I managed t keep em down long enough for em to work I couldn't possibly comment on the state of your mind HFG

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/04/2009 14:58  

Full service please EM (oops forgot,no bike)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/04/2009 15:05  

Nice try HG 10/10 for effort

Update Reply
Emzed @ 15/04/2009 15:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email