MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

New Bike Shops

New Bike Shops - Forums [Biker Match]    New Bike Shops - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

New Bike Shops

How good is it in this difficult trading climate to hear of a new Honda Supercentre opening in Knutsford, the bike trade seems to be as strong as ever, I also have a large Ducati store opening locally, I was wondering is this trend only in the Manchester area or do you have a story to tell in your area?

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 04/04/2009 19:26  

Peter, I work for a company that provides finance via dealers, most of our bike dealers have just clocked up a record March. Bike sales are very healthy which has puzzled a lot of people in the trade as the majority of bike sales fall into the "weekend toy" category and you would expect people to cut back on toys at the moment. The best theory I've heard is that you might as well spend the money on fun as there's no point putting it in the bank.

Update Reply
prof @ 05/04/2009 11:05  

or a far cheaper & more enjoyable form of transport to & from work..and also the realisation that you can get out & about at weekends without the wife & kids in tow!

Update Reply
old red @ 05/04/2009 11:19  

From what I hear, sales have held up pretty well so far. One of my moles at a big importer reckons that sales are down slightly, but certainly haven't fallen of a cliff in the way that cars sales have, or anything near it.
There's a new BMW dealership opened up in Ellesmere Port very recently, effectively a sister operation to the Harley franchise next door.

Update Reply
Wills @ 05/04/2009 12:25  

New Honda dealership opening on Bank Holiday friday, in Cwmbran South Wales, part of the Thunder Road dealership from Bridgend.

Update Reply
Sandy797 @ 05/04/2009 17:38  

A Mate of mine's just landed a job at Triumph dealer in Swindon, part of Blade group, he says bike sales there are good, tho he's got accessories & clothing which isn't as busy right now. His dad worked last week to lend them a hand & made 4 sales of new bikes!

Update Reply
njl @ 06/04/2009 13:35  

Hey njl great to hear Triumph are opening new shops, its always good to hear of new bike shops but it makes it even better when its Triumph, I have a freind of mine trying to get me to buy a Rocket 3 instead of a Harley.........its a monster of a bike and well worth considering.........any advice on Rocket 3 for me??

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 06/04/2009 19:31  

I'll catch up with Chris & find out the lowdown - I've not spent any time in there yet as I've been pushing to get my bike through MOT, apart from the triples I don't really know much on the other models meself!

Update Reply
njl @ 06/04/2009 21:01  

Interesting to read this. I booked a service with my local Suzuki dealership run by a friend of 25+ years). They're working approx 3 weeks in advance with the workshop chock full. There's me thinking it was all MOTs etc for bikes getting back on the road after winter, but no, there's plenty of new bikes going out the door too. Very good to see a healthy trade in the current climate. (but again, the manchester area!)

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 07/04/2009 14:51  

Apparently Triumph in Swindon are having on open day on 2nd May, don't know if they'll have a Rocket in the demo rides tho. I think all their branches are down south.

Update Reply
njl @ 12/04/2009 13:41  

Thanks for that njl, I found one locally at the new Ducati Store, I have booked a test ride for when it arrives from there Preston store.

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 12/04/2009 18:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email