MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Helmets

Helmets - Forums [Biker Match] Helmets - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Helmets

Seeing a couple of people discuss helmets in other threads, thought I would start a new one about good/bad helmets... I have an Airoh Matisse RS (Matt black) for inclement and winter use and an Airoh TR1 for summer use. The Matisse has a flip-up chin guard but I am happy with the sturdiness of the construction so it feels 'as safe' as a full face when wearing it. The thing that really made me choose it over others was the excellent peripheral vision (plus the integral sun shield). However, I have now put a few hundred miles on my Airoh TR1 and am VERY impressed with it. It is lighter and slightly less volume than the Matisse but the field of vision is excellent! It still has the internal sliding sun screen but also a large bubble type (think fighter pilot's helmet) visor which can be opened to varying degrees. The great thing about this helmet though is that it is actually a Jet-style helmet (similar to the really-hard-to-get-on Roofs) and has a removable chin guard. This is only a thin plastic moulding so will not offer anywhere near the impact protection that a full face (or to a lesser degree a flip-up) but it WILL keep the flies out at high speeds!! But the coolest thing is that if you are riding around town and don't want to feel too claustrophobic, the chin guard can be removed by pressing in two clips and is then stored at the back of the helmet, thus giving you a proper open face helmet.. neet, eh? *search for Airoh TR1 on YouTube for video Anyway, over to you good guys and gals...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 23/03/2009 10:10  

I quite like Airoh's - must be something to do with the bubbles.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2009 10:16  

*slaps forehead*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 23/03/2009 10:17  

but i do like a sticky out peak for keepin the sun outa me eye's!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 23/03/2009 10:38  

Ah.. I miss my old Stadium 7... Do you get much lift at speed with your peak?

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 23/03/2009 10:42  

Speed?.....hahahahahaha!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2009 10:55  

not that i notice but i ride with a screen on me triumph as i hate the buffetin you get sat up on a cruiser!!! you had your medication today XK?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 23/03/2009 10:59  

No, the pub's not open yet.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/03/2009 11:03  

If anyone knows of a helmet that isn't noisy when riding at speed, I'm hard of hearing already, I'd like to know about it, cheers. (I can't wear ear plugs)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/03/2009 09:12  

Hey Kwak! Have you seen these? Might just do the trick... (it's a neoprene skirt that fits to the bottom of your existing helmet) www.webbikeworld.com/r2/windjammer/helmet-wind-blocker.htm

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 24/03/2009 09:31  

i like tinitus i must ive got an everoak

Update Reply
crowcat @ 07/06/2009 03:20  

i stick my fingers in my ears kwak lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/06/2009 07:39  

I think back to some of the helmets I've had, old Fibreglass ones, weighed a ton! (Imperial, not metric, it was that long ago!) These days, the composite fibre ones are oooooh soooooo lighter. Tell you what I'd like to see on a Helmet spec, and that's a Db reading of some sort. I know it's all about the fit etc, but, for example, with the top vents open on mine, there's a noticable increase in noise. Probably asking for the impossible, but hey... you don't ask, you don't get!

Update Reply
Bandit_Mr_P @ 07/06/2009 10:04  

I thnk I saw a list of Db levels somewhere Mr_P but not sure how comprehensive it was. I will try to find it after I come back from my ride... (Loch Laggan, here I come!)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 07/06/2009 10:17  

enjoy tee cee

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/06/2009 10:24  

TeeCee ... Dont let Mr_P infect you with spreadsheet mentality Enjoy your ride & stay safe

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 07/06/2009 11:03  

i wwould like a helmet that dont mess me hair up.........lol

Update Reply
drobess @ 07/06/2009 15:06  

me too lmao

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/06/2009 15:28  

mines pink and covered in butterflies very comfy shark thing, see me coming a mile away!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/06/2009 15:41  

umm..sounds trendy littlechick , lol

Update Reply
excalibur @ 07/06/2009 22:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email