MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Woman riders..

Woman riders.. - Forums [Biker Match] Woman riders.. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Woman riders..

After Kaz thread bout her riding and my own goings on I got wondering....everyone goes on about Woman Drivers and how bad they can be with Parking/speed/overtaking and so on...does the same hold true for Bikes and Bikers? On here I have seen nothing but support for us 'L'-ady's...

Update Reply
Silvi @ 20/03/2009 07:59  

I've only had encouragement from my mates with bikes ---- until it comes to riding a long way, then there busy lol

Update Reply
Jansky1960 @ 20/03/2009 08:16  

A few years ago, when I was learning to ride (for a second time) I was asked to join in with a 'ladies only' regular bike ride, I was told it didn't matter that I was on L plates as the group had riders of varying abilities. I was assured that riding slow wasn't a problem. Then came the ride out and only minutes into it I was left on my own as the others had ridden off without me. I wasn't too bothered, I had a nice ride out, but what really narked me was when the organiser informed me that I was riding like I was in a funeral procession!! and then she told me that she and one of the other women had been discussing me and the other woman had offered to take me out and give me lessons! I didn't want lessons from her I just needed more experience and a bit of encouragement, it would have helped if they made sure new comers / learners were kept an eye on. To be fair the organiser did phone my mobile to ask after me but as I was riding I didn't hear it. I rode out a few times with these women and altho they all seemed nice none of them seemed interested in chatting and none had a clue how to organise themselves on a ride out. The following year I was asked again, by this time I'd had a whole year of practice as I rode all year round, and for a change they seemed slightly better organised. The rider in front was told to keep an eye on the rider behind which worked wonderfully until the rider in front of me rode too fast and left me behind. I hadn't a clue where she had turned off and as the organiser hadn't said where exactly we were to meet up I just kept riding, until one of the riders came after me. She said 'my god, I recognised the bike but not the rider, your riding has improved since last year, I had trouble catching up with you' lol. So...if any of you ladies are thinking of riding out together please make sure everyone knows exactly where you're all heading and keep an eye on the stragglers, don't ride off and leave them.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 20/03/2009 08:40  

Gladdens me to see a girl on a bike! Keep at it!

Update Reply
maxnod @ 20/03/2009 10:58  

Gladdens me to see a girl on a bike! Keep at it!

Update Reply
maxnod @ 20/03/2009 11:00  

Oooops !

Update Reply
maxnod @ 20/03/2009 11:01  

The 'L' ladies dont mind admitting to their errors. The 'L' fellas dont even post! They are too 'macho' to admit they dropped it in a hedge, or fell off on their drive, or ran out of petrol. So, I say, "Bring on the girls!"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/03/2009 11:25  

I'm with XK, the more the merrier

Update Reply
Emzed @ 20/03/2009 12:08  

Pretty much anyone can drive (with a few notable exceptions!)... but biking's not for everyone... there are plenty of folk out there who wouldn't dream of clambering on a motorbike for love nor money!

I think the attitude probably stems from that knowledge and that's why all bikers (male or female) tend to receive positive encouragement and support.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/03/2009 14:59  

Janksey if you are hankering after a long ride out then join up with the girlies tour July 17-25 coming to a town nr you it will go on events in a couple of wks, i will try to find the original post and bump it up in case anyone else fancies a look.

Update Reply
julie j @ 20/03/2009 16:42  

I don't think i have ever seen an impatient, speedy, pushy female rider.......quite the opposite....patient, sure footed, polite......I think some......mmmm.....in fact a lot of my male colleagues could learn from you.........maybe the only downside is strength when that throbbing mass between your legs leans a little to far....you know what i mean, ...........the more females the better......UP THE GIRLS........ Peter

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 20/03/2009 17:16  

P69 I think that is true whether you are male of female, I have seen a few men drop their throbbing mass and need help picking it up I am used to riding with a mixed group of both sexes and mixed experience levels and I must admit I feel safer with the less experienced women, the men don't seem to recognise their lack of experience and in my oppinion that makes them dangerous, I much prefer them to be in front of me rather than behind

Update Reply
hdbabe @ 20/03/2009 20:12  

Tis true - the less experienced to the front, then knowledge passed on after, in the de-brief.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/03/2009 20:25  

Good point hdbabe, there is a lot of bravado with the guys which does not seem apparent with female riders nor have i witnessed the fairer sex being over=confident, they take there time to assess the situation, maybe its a vanity thing, for a female to suffer scars could ruin her life where as a guy to get scars is seen as heroic and i also think the male is more competitive and sometimes leaves his fears behind.........safe riding hdbabe Peter

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 20/03/2009 22:04  

In my experience women come on traing courses because they want to learn! Most young men come because they have to!

Update Reply
Emzed @ 20/03/2009 22:33  

I second that emzed the majority of lads think its there right to have a licence and huff and puff when they have to earn it Peter

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 20/03/2009 23:31  

It probably is something to do with not wanting scars, but I think its more to do with not being able to stand the embarressment of dropping our bikes in front of a crowd of men!!! If a man makes a mistake he's "a silly b+gger", if a woman makes a mistake "she shouldn't be on a bike in the first place". We have to be twice as good as men, but then that comes naturally to women

Update Reply
hdbabe @ 21/03/2009 08:32  

ha ha...........now your getting ahead of yourself.........first case of over confidence.........silly hdbabe xx

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 21/03/2009 09:51  

I'm only confident until I have to do a U Turn!!! Arghhhhh, hate them

Update Reply
hdbabe @ 21/03/2009 10:37  

Is that on the bike or when Posting HB

Update Reply
micksaway @ 21/03/2009 11:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email