MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Scooters !!!

Scooters !!! - Forums [Biker Match] Scooters !!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Scooters !!!

Having Just returned from a glorious ride out with Honda Owners Club from Manchester to a lovely village in Yorkshire called Knaresbourgh where we stopped for lunch, on the otherside of the River Nidd there seemed to be a lot of commotion and hundreds of people, my inquisitive nature got the better of me so i went for a quick look..........would you believe it! a huge car park with over a thousand scooters!! ready for a run to Scarborough. What on Gods earth posses's anyone to own let alone ride one of these stinking hairdriers? when they left Knaresborough the air was blue with burnt oil............Oh how I enjoyed the journey back home with my biking buddies with 1.3 litre engine between my knees never again will I curse biking after seeing those old scooters with there 200cc 2 stroke smokers!!

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 16/03/2009 09:22  

They should be arriving about now. Welcome to BM.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2009 09:36  

Damn! I would have loved to have smelt that air, especially if some of them were running Castrol R.... Personally, love scooters myself, the engineering, the look, the style, the history... .. and I manage to get a buzz whatever the size of thing between my knees...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/03/2009 09:56  

Mmmmmm.... 2-smoke... Castrol R.... Love it!

2 wheels is 2 wheels is 2 wheels. Fortunately, people choose to ride different machines... it'd be a totally tedious "scene" if every last rider in the country went out on identical 1300cc bikes. Variety is the spice of life

*carefully skirts issue of buzzing things between knees*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 16/03/2009 10:25  

Quote: What on Gods earth posses's anyone to own let alone ride one of these stinking hairdriers? Probably the same passion you have for your style of bike, I get critised loads by some of my mates saying when am I going to get a proper bike, to me my cruiser is a proper bike just like those scooters are what those people want to ride. At the end of the day we are all out there enjoyng the fun of being on two wheels and not in a car. sorry didn't mean to rant but I am still at a loss why a couple of bikers just rode past my daughter when she was trying to push her scooter off a very busy roundabout after breaking down. If it was a 'biker' I bet they would have stopped.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 16/03/2009 10:29  

Too right CG there are too many myopic bigots around in 4 wheel deathtraps for us to start discriminating about which type of powered two wheeler we ride wannbe is quite right. For what its worth I have been on two wheels since 1965 and I started on a "Lambretta" !! I've had British, Italian, German and Japanese bikes (probably more than Pete69 has had Christmas dinners) were all on two wheels, all one family. I have several scooters even now(see profile pics) and I enjoy them in their own way. Em sorry folks rant over.

Update Reply
Emzed @ 16/03/2009 11:52  

As a 'non-bike' biker gal I think all 2-wheelers are cool.No,scooters are not my thang but good luck to those that love them,each to there own.And I'm with Emzed in that there too many 4-wheelers (not me tho,he he) that slag the 2-wheeler type off . Also ,lovin' the whole Castrol smell thing!!! *ponders TeeCees 'Between the Knees' thing*

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2009 13:08  

Re Castrol R...........oh what a smell! if only girls would wear that behind there ears instead of purfume! there was not a whiff of Castrol R at the rally just eye stinging cheap oil mix.

Update Reply
Peter69 @ 16/03/2009 13:26  

You can't beat the feel of a nice 1300cc V4 purring between your legs. Everyone around you thinks that your riding an armchair until you wake the beast and you leave them behind you. If your feeling kind when you hit 90 you let them hear 3rd, 4th and 5th :)

Update Reply
Phil @ 16/03/2009 13:46  

I can't help but notice the uprise of the scooter again. Seems like there are loads more on the roads than I can remember for a long time. Its the start of a progression onto Motorbikes for many people so leave em alone and help them if they need it. I personally wouldnt be on one but its pure choice and for younger peeps its a good place to start. I am not into Northern soul either give me the music that goes with the bike!!!Rock On !!!

Update Reply
moonstone @ 16/03/2009 14:06  

loved being a 'mod'on me lambretta D great fun!hair blowin in the wind them day's as no helmet's!! now it's helmet but no hair!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 16/03/2009 15:08  

I resemble that remark TM !!!

Update Reply
Emzed @ 16/03/2009 15:20  

*rubs eyes* You resemble TM!!!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/03/2009 16:03  

lambrettas etc - thats one thing, but i really can't stand the plastic junk that gets ridden around by untrained kids and those not smart enough to pass their test. Of all the scooters I see on the road, only a small percentage of them are trained with a full licence. The majority are dangerous and ignorant road users and they cause many accidents. It's largely due to them that bike insurance is so high (Does anyone know the figures for % of scooters stolen or crashed vs that of 'normal' motorbikes???)

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/03/2009 16:06  

saw loads of scooters yesterday in the skipton area, maybe they were headed to knaresborough,just down the road from me by the by, anyhow, really feel the need for a bigger faster bike at the mo, must be the hours of daylight increasing, like most of you say each to their own but i am a bikerchick through and through and a scooter, well i would rather take the car, agree with you PP I`m a big fan of the pan, any big touring bike does it for me every time!

Update Reply
julie j @ 16/03/2009 16:10  

plus i just cant stand the sounds of their scratty little engines. Good god what is wrong with me? NEED an upgrade soon before the frustration gets the better of me. blame it on the sunshine.

Update Reply
julie j @ 16/03/2009 16:15  

i know! they buzz about like fly's! trainer's an a fleece hoody std apparell! they mus be fn freezin!! as i have seen them late at night when the cold weather was here buzzin about with nxt to nothin on!!!makes me shiver lookin at em!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 16/03/2009 16:16  

Smile at me nicely Julie and I'll let you sit on Gabrielle.

Update Reply
Phil @ 16/03/2009 16:16  

is that you describing it in the photo's of the meet yesterday?[dont think she's gonna be impressed somehow!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 16/03/2009 16:19  

Ban the scooter boizzzzz!! One of the chavs tries to filter past me the other day. I had been filtering and stopped because of two Lorry's. one in lane one and the other in lane two. I was on the while line and her tried to go around my pan. He hesitated and fell into the door of another car.

Update Reply
Phil @ 16/03/2009 16:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email