MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

LIDL Motorcycling Accessories 16.03.09

LIDL Motorcycling Accessories 16.03.09 - Forums [Biker Match] LIDL Motorcycling Accessories 16.03.09 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

LIDL Motorcycling Accessories 16.03.09

Just got an email from Lidl, they're selling the motorcycle stuff again, week commencing 16 March '09 http://www.lidl.co.uk/uk/home.nsf/pages/i.home They've got a cover for £6.99!! Just noticed they're selling car stuff from today too.

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/03/2009 11:21  

24 squid fer bike to bike intercom!or wireless pillion communication [if its yer missus you wont need it!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 09/03/2009 17:01  

I reckon Aldi will follow suit soon, too.

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/03/2009 20:40  

Kaz I blew up pick of cover looks like it has hole half way down bottom edge to help tie it on. So should go all the way over

Update Reply
micksaway @ 09/03/2009 21:31  

Hey Mick, thanks for that! I'm gonna get one anyway, i think, shud fit my little bike :o)

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/03/2009 21:34  

U cud always use it as an easy-to-put-up tent!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/03/2009 22:18  

pmsl.... this is me your talkin to .. lol

Update Reply
Karey @ 09/03/2009 22:26  

I see that for some reason they're selling motorcycle chain cleaner as part of the cars promotion. Not that I use the stuff anyway on the BMW...lol

Update Reply
Wills @ 09/03/2009 22:55  

I,ve got one of these covers, its kept young Duke warm and dry all winter! It has a flock lining so it dont scratch yer paint reckon I'll be gettin another, and the 2 peice suit an the underwear and the gloves!!! Good old Lidl, January sales a bit late this year but its been worth the wait. All good stuff too. Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 11/03/2009 16:26  

I bought one (well, two) of those tank bags last year. VERY impressive for the money, both in quality and adaptability but you will need a protective cloth between your tank and the bag just to prevent chafing. (Their socks are also pretty good)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/03/2009 16:30  

ooohh.. my nearest Lidl is 9 miles away ..means me having to go after work on Monday.. hope its still open and theyve got some left

Update Reply
Karey @ 11/03/2009 16:38  

Only 9 miles Kaz? nearest to me is Whitby or Driffeild! if the Rotherham one is out of stock you could try the one in Donny? or there's one at Wadsley bridge. Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 11/03/2009 17:03  

I may have to take a trip down there, as I've just recieved delivery of my new lid and even though its xxs its still to bloody big, I think I may have to stick to my full face because I can't seem to find an open face small enough.

Update Reply
Scary @ 11/03/2009 17:11  

Have you tried an Airoh, Scary... espesh the TR1? (It is a Jet style helmet with removable chin guard.) They seem to come up very small...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/03/2009 18:47  

Cheers Em gonna get one, somehow, theres 2 in Sheffield, one in Rotherham and one in Osset.. for starters lol Dint know there was one in Donny

Update Reply
Karey @ 11/03/2009 19:06  

To be honest TC I can't remember what I've tried now, there have been so many, I have the same problem with hats and wigs, but I will keep looking as it does look daft wearing a full face on a cruiser.

Update Reply
Scary @ 11/03/2009 19:32  

My winter jacket is a lidl one, bought about 4 years ago and it still looks new. Would definately recommend them. Only thing i would say is the sizing is on the small side

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 11/03/2009 19:45  

EEPS!! >>wears full face on cruiser<< I get my TR1 tomorrow hopefully (birthday present from bro) so will let you know what it is like... But back to topic... will be heading down to Lidls - that rain suit looks promising as a packaway to keep on the bike just in case.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 11/03/2009 20:02  

Did anybody else go shopping at Lidl today? I went down this morning. Bought one of the jackets (to go with the trousers I bought last year), the rainsuit (to leave on the bike), the thermal top & bottoms and a couple of the first aid kits (good as a starter for a basic kit to keep on the bike, anyway). The quality of the stuff is actually a lot better than some of the stuff I saw on the trade stands at the MCN show this weekend! Probably won't stand up to day-to-day wear but for very occasional use I am sure it will be just fine.

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 16/03/2009 16:35  

I took a stroll down, 2 x rainsuits, 2x boots (pairs), socks, long johns and gloves. I'm skint now and its all your fault TC!

Update Reply
Scary @ 16/03/2009 16:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email