MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Big D's is closing down

Big D's is closing down - Forums [Biker Match] Big D's is closing down - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Big D's is closing down

No Joke.. they close on Feb 8th http://www.big-ds.net/

Update Reply
Phil @ 21/01/2009 20:38  

Bugga

Update Reply
Wills @ 21/01/2009 20:42  

awwww and ive never been ... wanted to go this year Cant beleive it.. when is this bloody recession gonna end????????

Update Reply
Karey @ 21/01/2009 21:03  

Its a real shame, was looking forward to going for a bike ride there in the better weather, Went to a party there last year and great time. bummer :0(

Update Reply
Puds @ 21/01/2009 21:07  

Its not the recession Kaz it's the locals

Update Reply
Herne @ 21/01/2009 21:39  

ahh rite .. well its still crap eh? :(

Update Reply
Karey @ 21/01/2009 21:40  

Well there is one particularly vociferous local but I gather the main problem is the lack of trade in the winter. They are going out in style as there is a drink the stock day on the 7th which a couple of my mates have been invited to, not sure if it is a private do or open invitation but I will enquire.

Update Reply
prof @ 21/01/2009 21:45  

was a nice ride out from here had good bands on too......still theres always the seaways on the way to Brid.

Update Reply
Herne @ 21/01/2009 21:47  

Well reminded Herne, haven't stopped off there in ages

Update Reply
prof @ 21/01/2009 21:51  

Regardless of the weather i think i will be taking a ride over there on sunday. anyone fancy meting up? I know what you look like now Herne. should spot you now lol.

Update Reply
Phil @ 21/01/2009 23:05  

i wuddent mind goin .. bet its gonna be packed eh?

Update Reply
Karey @ 21/01/2009 23:14  

Shame, they are a nice bunch of people in there, and its only a 20 min ride from mine

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/01/2009 11:54  

Probably a case of what I've not had I cannot miss, (If I had the spare dosh for the fuel I'd have loved to gone and said good bye) but got to be careful only had £50 in bank Weds and no sign of any dole coming through yet . If anyone goes give em my best and hope they all get work soon and maybe in future they can raise the place from the ashes of the past like a Phenox (a becon of hope to all who love biking!!!) Andy.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 22/01/2009 12:03  

Just checked the weather and it doesn't look I>too bad so I'm going to try and make it.

Didn't know about he place until I saw the post.

Update Reply
vinnie @ 22/01/2009 20:10  

When I first went there I wondered how the residents, in the terraced houses just across the road, put up with the coming and going of the bikes, obviously they didn't. Big D's bike park is too small but the staff were always friendly and it's always sad to see yet another biker venue disappear. Big D says: ALL MEMORIBILIA AND EVERYTHING IN PUB INC THE 8ft ALIEN WILL BE AUCTIONED OFF AT 4pm SUNDAY 8th FEBUARYCHEERS

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/01/2009 21:35  

I have listed this on the events page too just waiting for it to me moderated. I am going over to Big D's on sunday 25th Jan. I am looking at getting there for 12:00 if anyone is interested in meeting up there.

Update Reply
Phil @ 23/01/2009 11:40  

I'll be there Phil and see if I can get Kaz to come along........Frag you gorgeous creature will you be bringing your blue bike to keep my bike company lol Hmm I wonder if Stella could manage to get her bike off the driveway and come too

Update Reply
Herne @ 24/01/2009 08:34  

just seen this - hmmmm.....getting bike off drive....have convinced meself that I need to have 15 mins pootling round a carpark before I'll have the guts to get out on he road!!! Also for getting to big d'S ...wouldn't have a clue how to get there!!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 25/01/2009 09:36  

Check yor pm's HG just sent you sone directions. the address of Big D's is on the events page too.

Update Reply
Phil @ 25/01/2009 10:24  

BigD has another pub

MacMillans
Long Lane
Halifax
West Yorkshire
HX3 5AD

Update Reply
fastjock @ 25/01/2009 10:30  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email