MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Snow......

Snow...... - Forums [Biker Match] Snow...... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Snow......

First day back at work....and we got Snow!! Got about an inch covering here.... Anybody else got snow?

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/01/2009 06:48  

Yep we got snow too , only bout half inch

Update Reply
fastjock @ 05/01/2009 07:51  

Ahhh Dugald... so u dunt add extra inches then?

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/01/2009 07:56  

Yep we got it here too about ½ inch, not a lot but !! enough to freezzzzzzzzzzzz em

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/01/2009 08:34  

Its a balmy -6° here but we only have this weird light coating of stuff that looks like really small polysterene balls... *edit* ..and just as I posted that another little micro-hail shower starts! It is mornings like this that I am glad I work from home now. I used to especially dread the first day back at work after the Christmas break too...

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/01/2009 08:48  

About the same here TC,never seem to get any decent snow here.

Update Reply
Oggy @ 05/01/2009 08:59  

yep an inch here too up at 6 got car started then went back in for breakfast.

Update Reply
kenn52 @ 05/01/2009 09:40  

I am guessing you don't get much of a skiing season in Cambridge then, Oggy! (the slopes are filling up here nicely though!! )

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/01/2009 09:44  

We got snow well a little bit And the sun is shining in the background weird weather x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/01/2009 10:34  

What snow? We hardly ever get it here in a sheltered bit of the west coast, and it's no exception today. Plenty of frost on the grass, but that's being burned off by the brilliant sunshine now. I'm still going to wrap up well when i take the bike out, though.

Update Reply
Wills @ 05/01/2009 10:38  

Im hoping it dosnt melt so i can get out in the back garden and build myself a snow man theres only enough for half at the moment lol xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/01/2009 10:58  

Not a drop and sun is shining

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/01/2009 12:31  

my friends back home just told me there's 15cm of snow where I live! Looking forward to going back today :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/01/2009 13:04  

What SNOW??? where I am looking out the window and cant see any :-( it sunny here,

Update Reply
Puds @ 05/01/2009 13:14  

snow not here we ave rain this is silly weather

Update Reply
skull666 @ 05/01/2009 13:25  

SNOW!!! SNOW!!!! don't talk to me about effin' SNOW!!! I was up at 3 this am to drive down to Horsham...had to dig a trench to try & get the car off the drive , Up the steep hill that is my close to find that Kirklees council hadn't been out gritting ANY of the main roads round here! Took the long way round to get to the southbound M1 - a bit longer but not as many hills to attempt to then try & wheel spin my way up a steep hill (I have a reer wheel drive car who's tyres were nearly down to the wear limit!) to eventually get up the hill after nearly giving up (with the nice smell of burning rubber in the air!!) Luckliy when I got to the top of the hill, I hit Barnsley council area - who HAD been out gritting thank Gawd!! Then had to drive down the 'slippery' M1 with virtually bald tyres by now...that was exciting NOT!!! Have just now been to the garage to get 2 new rear tyres. (I knew they needed replacing, but was hoping to get todays journey over & done with first! /rant over

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 05/01/2009 14:22  

*throws a snowball at Hfg*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/01/2009 15:41  

GRRRRrrrrrrrr run away very Quickly TC otherwise I'll make an XTC out of ya **PS- can ya sing?? **

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 05/01/2009 16:30  

I'll let you know I have a voice that can knock a sparrow out of a tree at 50 yds.... (and I remember singing XTC songs to my bro when I was a puppy cos his name is Nigel...)

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 05/01/2009 16:35  

I experienced a half inch of snow first thing with a further fall later in the morning. Fortunately for me work is only a 15 minute walk so it was not too much of an inconvenience. From the traffic reports, Britain appeared to be in chaos which seems to be normal after even the lightest sprinkling of snow. Good job it was today since I chose to ride down to Box Hill yesterday.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 05/01/2009 17:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email