MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

First Bike

First Bike - Forums [Biker Match] First Bike - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

First Bike

Which one of the following do you think is the best? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> Daytona 675<o:p></o:p> ZX6rr<o:p></o:p> GSXR600<o:p></o:p> CBR600rr<o:p></o:p> R6<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> I need help and advice?<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Wild Child @ 11/11/2006 19:56  

Have you ever ridden a bike b4 hun...?

Update Reply
Leggyblonde @ 11/11/2006 20:54  

Yea gonna say I would avoid the above as first bikes! These are my favs but i dont know which is best of the three... ZX6rr<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> GSXR600<o:p></o:p> CBR600rr<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/11/2006 07:24  

My first bike was a CBR600 but you need to pay it the respect it deserves and ride sensibly until you`ve gained experience......what experience do you have and what height, frame etc. are you

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 12/11/2006 12:37  

hi, ok, personally i prefer the 600rr, but the daytona is supposed to be real good. everyone thinks i'm nuts for buying a 1000rr as a first road bike but just take care if urr gonna buy something like the bikes u mentioned.. and have fun !!

Update Reply
druid @ 12/11/2006 13:23  

Have to agree, don't get something that you will scare yourself silly with. Try to get something that isn't more powerful than you can handle, take it easy at first to get used to the feel of the bike..... You can always trade up later. So saying the honda is a good all round bike to get you into the swing of things and when you do want to trade up there is a ready market for them.... should you want to keep it a while it should hold it's value better than the others with a bit of luck. Don't go for a "balls out" mad machine straight off.... not like cars where if you got the money you can buy a porche and just get on with it..... bikes demand a bit of respect from the rider. Take a biker mate with you when you go to buy so you have some help. Try a test ride, and do not be swayed into getting something cos your mates say it is great. Get what you are comfortable with to start off.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 12/11/2006 13:32  

Well said rube, don't go for the biggest fastest til you got some experience hun else it'll all end in tears!!!!!

Update Reply
Di @ 12/11/2006 13:58  

I would have to say the CBR600they are a good all round bike if it's your first big bike.

Update Reply
Blackwingbandit120 @ 12/11/2006 14:26  

daytona 675 in my honest opinion is by far the best ride and bike for me but if its your first bike i would definatly consider the cbr. good alround bike,fantastic handling and plenty of power.

Update Reply
nellymac @ 18/11/2006 18:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email