MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

blade front wheel mod

blade front wheel mod - Forums [Biker Match] blade front wheel mod - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

blade front wheel mod

have a 1998 cbr 900rrw with the 16" front wheel. can anyone tell me which 17" wheel will fit?? been all over ebay ect everyone listed ie vfr nc will not fit the rrw any ideas???

Update Reply
burbrew @ 10/12/2008 21:28  

Nope... but welcome to the forums anyway

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 10/12/2008 21:42  

I think older CBR600 front wheels will fit (off a carbed bike). Might be worth a try...

Update Reply
mat750 @ 10/12/2008 22:28  

Hi Burbrew. Just buy a 2000 blade. Honda threw in a 17" wheel for free. Would putting a 17" wheel in a bike designed for a 16" just slow the steering down by changing the trail ?

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 10/12/2008 22:34  

go for a pair of zx9r b model forx and wheel n stuff! nice long solid kit, and most excellent to adorn any potential streetfighter!!

Update Reply
b19 bke @ 10/12/2008 22:47  

thanks.... but anyone riden a blade with a 16" front wheel?????? just so wrong its great at speed but for road riding its just pants(or i am.... not sure which) im sure there is someone that has done this mod and knows what they are talking about... for some reason where ever i go people say the usual routes ie cbr 600 vfr 800 wont fit on the rrw...... why???? they seem to fit on other models and is a great road mod... please help... this blade is trying to kill me..................

Update Reply
burbrew @ 12/12/2008 01:11  

the fartblood used a slightly higher profile tyre on the front effectively making the front end a 17" They didn't spend all that dosh on research for nowt! Blades are slappy and twitch like buggery, I've ridden em all, its in their nature.... older Gsxr's used to slap worse! Its more to do with wheelbase/fork trail/headstock angle than the wheel. You can get an adjustable yoke set if you like spending money. ps, I'm a test rider and I know these fings......or I say I do!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 06/01/2009 16:27  

I beleive the wheel from a VTR1000 will fit.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/01/2009 15:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email