MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

2WD Hybrid Dirt Bike

2WD Hybrid Dirt Bike - Forums [Biker Match] 2WD Hybrid Dirt Bike - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

2WD Hybrid Dirt Bike

www. gizmag. com/ktm-2wd-hybrid-dirt-bike/10348/ I know the concept of mechanical/hydraulic all wheel drive systems for motorbikes have been about for a while (since the 70's?) but this is a little bit different. Later versions of my car (Nissan Cube) have small electric motors on the rear wheels which kick in when needed, turning it into 4wd and I was wondering if the same could be done for a bike and lo & behold KTM are well under way with the concept. Wonder if they could incorporate the KERS system too? p.s. on that same page, check out the BMW Lo-Rider!!!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 21/11/2008 14:52  

Try the original http://www.rokon.com/products/trailbrkr.htm If you put if enough wind in the tyres apparently the bu**ers float, cant help thinking that inflated tyres plus big lumberjack means it floats upside down though.

Update Reply
prof @ 24/11/2008 17:59  

Cheers for that prof! With those tyres, I would be tempted to swap the engine out for something more powerful and try to blast across a lake like the Icelandic Hillclimb jeeps....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 27/11/2008 10:07  

manly talk TC very erotic!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 27/11/2008 12:15  

he heh, you old dog, TM!! Maybe I should try it more often instead of my usual topics of puppy wuppies and doylie designs....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 27/11/2008 13:36  

Sigh....I just can't find the enthusiasm for a witty reply......

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 28/11/2008 10:10  

log on to younger babes an you'll be fine again in 3minutes!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 28/11/2008 12:38  

bmw have already built a hill climber with the latest 800cc motor and the front wheel is hydrolically driven for more traction up hill.

http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-2wd/9619/

Update Reply
jehammer @ 29/11/2008 18:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email