MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

I've booked my CBT!!!

I've booked my CBT!!! - Forums [Biker Match] I've booked my CBT!!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

I've booked my CBT!!!

Yep, it's true - after much deliberation I have booked my CBT for... NEXT WEDNESDAY!! If I said I was cr*pping myself - it would be an understatement. The plan is to complete the CBT, see how I'm assessed and then decide from there which (if any) route I'm going to take towards gaining my motorcycle license!! OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!, OMG!

Update Reply
Roachy @ 19/11/2008 23:41  

You deserve a great big for that! I'm sure you'll be OK - let us know how you get on.

Update Reply
Wills @ 19/11/2008 23:47  

Tee hee!!...good on yer gal...let me be the first to congratulate you!! You'll be getting sooooooo much support & encouragement on here like you wont believe! Best of luck to you, know you wont regret it!!!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 19/11/2008 23:49  

D'OH.....Ok....the second!!PMSL!!....

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 19/11/2008 23:50  

yea best of luck, im sure you'll be fine. CBT is great fun if anything. And I love the "OMG, OMG" bit, that Peter from Family Guy? :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 20/11/2008 00:37  

good luck, i did mine 9 weeks ago, best thing i ever did. you,ll sail through!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/11/2008 01:35  

Good on you Roachy! We'll make an FFS girl out of you yet!

Don't worry about pooping yourself... just put yer big girl's pants on, plaster that lovely smile on yer face and go for it!

When I first got on the bike I thought "No... this ain't happening... not in a MILLION years" - very nearly quit 5 minutes after I'd started... but just made myself carry on... it costs a lot of money, so I just figured sodditt... I may as well just have a laugh while I'm here. And laugh I did. As soon as you let go and make a conscious decision to enjoy yourself, you will!

You'll be back on here Wednesday night full of it, grinning like the Cheshire Cat. I didn't even have the guts to get out on the road on the first attempt, so could've ended up feeling a complete failure, but I didn't. I was floating around on cloud 9 for days! :o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/11/2008 06:54  

And congrats to Kilmarney :o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/11/2008 06:54  

Yehhhh Roachy ...good for u !! I passed mine 7 weeks ago ...and I was like WB, thought I can't do this...! But got loads of support off here.... talkin me thro stuff and even lending me books/dvds... I didn't go out on the road the first time even tho my instructor wanted me to....but the 2nd day i went out..and was leading..an LOVED it !! I would've done my DAS..but I want to get more road experience before i get a bigger bike......(and i can't affored it yet) besides I gotta get a little one first! lol Good Luck !! and remember...nobody fails a CBT, perhaps they may need a bit more time,, one, two, three or more attempts, but you will do it ! :o)

Update Reply
Karey @ 20/11/2008 07:06  

You go for it girl! Amd when you pass we will com over to you for a coffee and not diassapear once you have gon to the loo lol

Update Reply
Phil @ 20/11/2008 09:29  

Go Roachy GO!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/11/2008 10:45  

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYy for Roachy. You'll be fine - as WB said, just relax & enjoy it. Once you get going it's great fun

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 20/11/2008 10:59  

Knowing you as I do Roachy, I reckon that not only are you going to be fine, but you'll actually find that you truly love it. I wouldn't be surprised to find you extremely keen, following your CBT, to get your DAS sorted and your test taken very quickly. And you know that you can rely on me to support and help you. (And duff the instructors up if they give you any hassle lol!) I should warn you though, this motorcycling lark can become pretty addictive! Oh yeah, it all starts with, "I'll get my test passed and then I've got it" but quickly escalates into "I've got my test, now I HAVE to have a bike so that I can think about travelling to such places as Wales, Scotland, France ....... Spain ....... Austria ....... etc, etc." I am proud of you ..... big, big, big hugs.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 20/11/2008 11:40  

go girl, been to book mine but chickened out.....going to do it tommorow.........honest. good luck

Update Reply
Wheelienice @ 20/11/2008 19:54  

Well done Roachy just take your time and enjoy it, like some of the others have said already don't worry if you don't manage it in one day I took mine over 1 and half days, then got myself a 125 to gain confidence before taking my test, it was the cheaper option for me than doing a DAS meant I could get experience with out the cost of paying an instructor. Wheelienice nice to see you back on here, come on gal get that cbt booked, where you been hiding. ps Roachy just take a look at my pic and if someone my age can do it anyone can. I just tucked my crimpolene dress in my bloomers, lifted my feet up and away I went, must admit though it was painful wearing a crash helmet with rollers in.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 20/11/2008 21:39  

pmsl @ CG.......what you like!!!......yer new pic makes me chuckle every time i see it

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 20/11/2008 21:45  

go for it Roachy-you,ll love it...good luck!

Update Reply
old red @ 20/11/2008 21:56  

Just heard from my friend Silvi: Not only has she booked her CBT, she's taken and passed it! She's a bit shy, and didn't want to shout. So I'm doing it for her. YAHOO!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/11/2008 11:02  

YAHOO!!!! NICE ONE SILVI!! XK...pass on my congrats please

Update Reply
Karey @ 21/11/2008 11:28  

hi CG love the outfit pink dress fab for xmas do,WELL I HAVE BOOKED MY C B T.. 2ND DEC.............will be on the look out for cheap 125..... IF I PASS BET IT RAINS WISH ME LUCK

Update Reply
Wheelienice @ 22/11/2008 16:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email