MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Ok how about an A-Z of great riding roads Britain and the rest of the world???

Ok how about an A-Z of great riding roads Britain and the rest of the world??? - Forums [Biker Match] Ok how about an A-Z of great riding roads Britain and the rest of the world??? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Ok how about an A-Z of great riding roads Britain and the rest of the world???

As there are loads of A and B roads out there we could compile these by vote maybe?? A57 Snake Pass (only in Summer lol)

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 13/10/2008 15:28  

Do you mean something like bestbikingroads.com? They've already got 400 roads listed for GB.

Update Reply
mat750 @ 13/10/2008 15:42  

Butter Tubs Pass, North Yorkshire

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 13/10/2008 17:21  

Just had a look at bestbikingroads.com. A new site to me, but well worth while, even though it hasn't got one of my favourite locals, the B5105 from Ruthin to Cerrigydrudion.
I've been told (thanks, Puds) that the unclassified road from Beulah to Tregaron is one of the wonders of Wales.

Update Reply
Wills @ 13/10/2008 17:30  

Here you will find all passes around Switzerland with a detailed desciption, pictures and vids. Sorry it is only in German. http://www.bikecam.ch/karte....htm Ahhh have fun my friends great riding area

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/10/2008 18:23  

Nope... am keeping mine all to myself so I can keep them deserted as usual....

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 13/10/2008 18:47  

Ha - I'm with TC!!! Well ok, if you want a road that truly scares you, try the Furka Pass in Switzerland .... just don't look down!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 13/10/2008 20:49  

I'd like to suggest the road around Mull, as well as the A85 (I think) out to Oban. :)

Update Reply
abctrev @ 13/10/2008 21:22  

I love some of the roads around Fort William and Glencoe in Scotland, gorgeous up there on a bike, sleeping rough in a tent, looking and enjoying the views god I'm dreaming again......

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 13/10/2008 21:32  

No, no no, abctrev and Nutkin... those roads you mention are RUBBISH!!! You have MUCH better roads in England, not even worth the long ride up here... *cough*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 13/10/2008 21:47  

Actually TeeCee, on reflection, you're quite right. Rubbish roads, packed with caravans and speed traps, no scenery to look at, not worth letting anyone else know about them. No one at all... ;) Don't even think of going up past Fort William towards Inverness, or back down the A9, you'll hate it.

Update Reply
abctrev @ 18/10/2008 20:39  

Yeah, the fun's gone right out of the A83 up Loch Lomond now they've straightened the twisty bits out and you can actually get past the caravans.
Horizontal rain, midges specially trained to bite the English...nahh, forget it.

Carry on like this and we can have the place to ourselves

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/10/2008 21:17  

The A44 out from worcester to Aberystwyth. Stop at crossgates cafe for lunch. always loads of bikes on sunday. At the roundabout wether you carry on for aberystwyth or go north towards newtown and welshpool or south towards Brecon. you cant go wrong.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 18/10/2008 22:31  

Gotta be the B*** Fettercairn to Feughside over the Cairn o'Mount (road number top secret, eh TC?). Great road with a smashing pub at the end. The road over the top to Applecross is the nearest thing to an Alpine pass I've ever experienced in the UK. Any West Coast B road is also visually stunning. Back in Blighty, any B road in the Yourkshire Dales has got to be experienced. A trek over the top to the Tan Hill pub then South to Hawes (via Nutkin's Buttertubs - ooer) has roads to savour and views that can take your breath away. Not so much a road, but a destination is the Hartside Cafe. Get there on a good day and the view of the Lake District is immense. Onward to the Lakes and the road over HardKnott Pass is car-dodgingly superb.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 19/10/2008 13:46  

Northwest Scotland, Yorkshire Dales, Lake District.... Where did u go in the afternoon, Blueboy?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/10/2008 14:47  

believe the M6 Carlisle down to Coventry can be quite exhilirating at any time of the year!!

Update Reply
old red @ 19/10/2008 16:59  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email