MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Swiss Bikers

Swiss Bikers - Forums [Biker Match] Swiss Bikers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Swiss Bikers

I just want to say that the Swiss Bikers appear to be the most rude and ignorant in Europe/US (not been anywhere else so can't comment on OZ/Asia etc). I've nodded and waved to at least a hundred bikers whilst i've been riding around here now, and only about 3 have waved back (Clearly foreigners lol). Do the biker traditions and comradary not extend to Switzerland? Or do the bikers here just think they're above everyone else? They all ride funny too, sat bolt up right, riding really slow. Look like a load of kings/queens riding around lol. I wont get started on the scooter riders who are just unbelievable.

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/09/2008 11:56  

get yerself on that rant forum, let it all out,it will do you good you know it will!

Update Reply
julie j @ 19/09/2008 12:11  

you were warned Matt ...now get out of there as quick as you can!!! and don,t listen to that Geoff Blackburn fella again!!

Update Reply
old red @ 19/09/2008 16:48  

I've noticed this phenomenon over here too..i've been out on my bike all day today, and half the bikers i nodded to completely blanked me..ignorant t**ts

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 19/09/2008 17:44  

Do you find that it is usually the biker son the sports bikes with dark visors matching leather and knee scrapers who don't nod. Might i point out the qualifier "usually" not all.

Update Reply
Phil @ 19/09/2008 17:54  

No not usually PP..usually the custom bike riders if i'm honest..although there are a few up their own arses sports bike riders i have to say. There are some miserable sods on this planet!

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 19/09/2008 18:36  

"and don't listen to that Geoff Blackburn fella again!!" Ha - you have fallen into my trap!! I know what you mean though Matt, some do shake their leg at you, which is there version of waving, but a lot don't even do this. Plus, the sat bolt upright thing is a little odd, I have to admit. They seem to buy the latest sports bikes, designed of course for as close to perfect balance as possible ....... and then fit high rise bars on them so they are sat upright and in so doing totally ruin this balance!!! I can however, having witnessed the ferocity of their Police first hand, understand why they all ride slowly - although once in the Alps they seem to all suddenly go crazy!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 19/09/2008 18:58  

As a mate of mine said after a quick blat through Lichtenstein and Switzerland; "Being in Switzerland's just like being dead... only less interesting!"

Update Reply
mat750 @ 19/09/2008 19:06  

I always found in Germany they all wave whatever you ride. I ride a chop (and proud of it) and i find most sports bike riders in the UK look down their nose at me. They seem to me to be the head in arse type.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/09/2008 21:48  

Do the biker traditions and comradary not extend to Switzerland? Or do the bikers here just think they're above everyone else?

Tsk tsk... & you a man of Europe & all.. Don't you know nuffink?

It's Switzerland innit? Neutrality & all that jazz... If they're seen waving to you, all hell'll break loose if there was a Yank they didn't wave to cos they were changing gear at the time... You want to start WWIII or summat?

;o)

Hey Ricdude! All the girlies love a chopper...

Dammit!

That was my out-loud voice again, wasn't it? *ahem*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 20/09/2008 02:42  

Yea arrived in Germany today, seems fine. Everyone's really friendly, speak English etc. Switzerland's bikers just got worse and worse! I waved at hundreds, and only a handful waved (Raised one finger). I think they're scared of letting go of the bars. Maybe it's illegal or something over there, wouldn't surprise me. Anyhoo, i got away with not buying a sticker thing - I just stayed on the normal roads.

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/09/2008 15:52  

apparently there are many things you,re not allowed to do in switzerland between the hours 8.am to 8.am cept look at the scenery

Update Reply
old red @ 23/09/2008 16:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email