MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Tuneing Weber IDF Carbs

Tuneing Weber IDF Carbs - Forums [Biker Match] Tuneing Weber IDF Carbs - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Tuneing Weber IDF Carbs

I have an air cooled 1.6L VW beetle engined trike, with twin Weber IDF 44 carbs.

I have a pair off synchrometers for tuning the airflow.

But no matter what I try the carbs will not match up one is always to high and will not come down to match the other one.

If any body has any suggestions they would be most appreciated.

I am in the sunny town of Pouton-Le-Fylde, Lancashire.

Update Reply
wheels01253 @ 11/09/2008 06:35  

Hi Wheels, I'm no expert but could you have an air leak at the manifold? This would ruin the mixture settings and could account for the odd running on one side. I assume that there is slack at the cable/throttle linkage at zero throttle opening ? Hope it helps, BB

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2008 07:56  

There are loads of VW forums online Wheels - might be worth having a rummage through their discussion boards and seeing if there are any hints/tips on them? You can't be the first person ever to have had this problem ;o) There's also a site called carburetor clinic dot com, which has some really clear step by step instructions for all sorts of things carb... Probably much of it will be like teaching you to suck eggs, but maybe you might spot something of use to you? Best of luck with it! :o)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 11/09/2008 08:19  

Carburettor clinic dot com? Online? NOW she tells us.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2008 16:24  

.............you've got to laugh! I've spent years stripping Amal's and SU's on my old brits, and latterly Bings on the BMW delving into primary jets, needle jets, main jets, float heights, slide cutaways, diaphragms,etc and it takes a young lady with a brain to come up with an online carburettor clinic! Why didn't I think of that? .....There's a moral here somewhere........Well done Wannabe!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/09/2008 07:37  

I would like to thank all of you for the help and web site address

It has really helped with my carb problem

Cheers to you all

Wheels

Update Reply
wheels01253 @ 12/09/2008 08:21  

Oooh... "young lady"? You'll go far Billy Boy! Might be a little previous with the praise though... the site's not much cop for bike carbs... I must only be the Google Princess... the Google Queen's crown is safe for now... *hangs head in shame for not sorting Ricdude's carb issues* Glad it had some useful info for you though, Wheels

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 12/09/2008 09:29  

try and set them to factory settings, or as near as so it sounds ok ish, throw your carb guages to buggery!! use a length of hose, (the sort of stuff they use as leak off on diesel injectors) with the air filter removed place 1 end to the carb and other to your lug! and listen to the air , match them both so they sound similar, remember to maintain a steady idle speed any probs give me a shout

Update Reply
b19 bke @ 03/12/2008 17:41  

OK... Off topic... apologies.

But is that a Rolo in your pic?!

Loving the remote control too!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/12/2008 18:31  

yes it was my last one too and the dog pinched it off the table !! remote dont work no more!!!

Update Reply
b19 bke @ 03/12/2008 18:33  

Awwww... A man and his dog eh?

Shame about the remote... must've been a duff batch... not the first time I've heard that complaint!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 03/12/2008 18:36  

LOL @ Ricdude, re: NOW she tells me!!

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 03/12/2008 19:49  

lol nice rolo mate, but i've had to change your "Best" photo. Welcome to the site all of you, hope you enjoy and if you have any suggestions you know where i am

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/12/2008 22:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email