MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Mobile Phone Service Providers

Mobile Phone Service Providers - Forums [Biker Match] Mobile Phone Service Providers - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Mobile Phone Service Providers

Looking for your opinion on reliable mobile phone service providers... As most folk know I've just moved home, at the moment I'm with T Mobile but I'm having problems getting a signal. My text messages take ages to send if they go at all and I keep getting a text message from T Mobile saying I've missed a call and if I don't want to keep getting notification to text them, which I have done but they still keep asking me So...basically I'm not able to get calls or send texts so that makes my mobile just another watch/timer, in other words pretty fecking useless. I contacted T Mobile and told them of the aggro and was told I get 70% coverage OUTSIDE and 10% inside for the area I live, and that coverage is better at my old address. Oh great! so I'll live outside then shall I or go back to the house I just left and wait til it gets demolished!? Does anyone know WHICH service provider gives the most cover INSIDE, or at least more than 10%? How would I find this out?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/08/2008 23:00  

Hi Kwak. go to this site, it tells you ofevery network in GB. Mobile<...k. It will be listed the 5th from the top of page. Hope this helps. Steve

Update Reply
SP @ 17/08/2008 05:09  

02 kwak all the way

Update Reply
old gixer boy @ 17/08/2008 07:42  

Agreed, used them all over the years, nowt better than o2.

Update Reply
Triumph_Sy @ 17/08/2008 10:32  

well I use Orange - have done for years, never had a problem ('specially round Hudds)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 17/08/2008 12:23  

AJ.. O2 for me too. Been wiv them abart 7 yrs now.. had no probs..except when I'm camping on the edge of a forest.. in the Borders, miles from nowhere! But nobody else gets a signal either ! lol Also...signed up wiv Orange..got a BroadBand deal wiv them...O2 have given me a free 12mnth contract, so that I 'might' go back to them. I will, as soon as they get BB in my area.

Update Reply
Karey @ 17/08/2008 12:34  

Thanks to SP for the link and to ogb, ArfurB, HFG and Karey for your opinion Unfortunately the first paragraph doesn't make sense to me It is not possible to use a different home network, even to make an emergency call (even though your phone's handbook may tell you it is!). and the info doesn't tell me one way or the other which provider is best. It states that where one provider will have good coverage another may not and vice versa so no real conclusive answer. if you count my sis then that's 4 who recommend 02, so maybe they are worth a try. What's worrying me most is with T Mobile (my current service provider) I am on a very old tariff that doesn't exist anymore but suits me, I never make phone calls from my mobile, can't afford to, and don't top up very often for same reason but my texts cos me 10p per page and I don't have to pay to listen to my voice mail. With other tariffs,and other networks, it's more money and a charge for picking up voice mail. I'm well annoyed that I can't get coverage in my new home from T MObile, and more annoyed at the attitude of the advisor, she didn't seem the least bit interested that I can't get a signal and didn't even try to keep me as a customer, I've been with T Mobile for years. Obviously I'm not paying enough money to warrant an apology never mind getting their interest lol Thanks again everyone, I do appreciate your help. =============== Does anyone know how much it would be to unlock my phone, if it's locked, so I can use another network's sim card (something I had no idea of til I read the info in that link)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/08/2008 17:35  

It's around £20 down here in wales.

Update Reply
SP @ 17/08/2008 17:39  

If the phone's locked, then you can't use another network's card. Unlocking can be anything from a fiver upwards. Go to any market and you'll find a stall that can probably do it on the spot for most phones. Then you can use any card you want, apart from 3 (cos they use a different technology).

Update Reply
Wills @ 17/08/2008 17:42  

If the phone's locked, then you can't use another network's card. I know, I just said that myself lol It's a pain having to pay at all, I wouldn't need to if T Mobile upgraded their system. I think I'll visit a link shop and ask their advice about unlocking, if it applies to my phone, they're impartial aren't they?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/08/2008 18:15  

Try entering the make and model of your phone plus unlock into Google and see what comes up. Some of them can be done just by entering a code...just tried it for the new Samsung I've just bought my daughter and it could be done there and hen for £2.99.

Update Reply
Wills @ 17/08/2008 18:40  

i got a new Sony Ericsson on Tmobile unlocked for a tenner in a mobile fone shop in tarn (not one of the big name ones..just a guy that sells old fones and accessories). He does it on a computer..hadta call back in 20 mins for it.

Update Reply
Karey @ 17/08/2008 18:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email