MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Email addresses

Email addresses - Forums [Biker Match] Email addresses - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Email addresses

Please will people NOT include their email address in profiles! For the same reason as not to include it in PMs. See here for why... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...opic_id=66

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/10/2006 15:08  

Maybe they fear their Biker Match mail being read, hence choosing to contact each other via their private e-mail?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/10/2006 15:19  

After spotting a few profiles from whilst ive been away i have had to send out 18 messages to people directing them to the rules! 18!!! Some profiles actually said "Im not going to become a full member, so please email me..." Just feel insulted by this. :-(

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/10/2006 15:47  

Don't be sad Matt

Update Reply
Di @ 17/10/2006 16:06  

I'm on your side mate. If they can't obey that rule then send them an email with a nasty little message in it.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 17/10/2006 16:20  

Matt fully understand where you come from on this,obviously this site has taken a great deal of effort and skilled time to get running,also you are paying its overheads,and quite possibley you are still a fair way from break-even point. There is a down side to the post a profile for free both for you and for us.You get freeloaders leaving msn addys,to avoid joining. We get profiles which remain in veiw but the person is not a member and therefore you can not,make contact,Motorcycle junction is bad for this,most profiles are dormant,they are unsuscribed and can not receive mail,which tend to upsett those of us which have joined when there chosen member does not reply,people are reluctant to join ,and even though a lot of us enjoy the site some will not.dont take it to heart mate,most people here enjoy and are willing to pay,cheers Sean

Update Reply
SEAN ZXR750H1 @ 17/10/2006 16:43  

thanks sean, theres still a few signed up but still miles from break even. Going to have to put ads back into Bike and Perf Bikes to get some more members, but thats another £100 per month just for the mags (google is even more!) and i get nowhere near £100 a month from subs. Not even covered hosting costs yet lol.

For info tho: if you send someone a PM - it will email them, whether they are subscribed or not. They then go and see ur message, and have the option to subscribe and reply or not. This means that dormant profiles/users can still be contacted as they get the email.

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/10/2006 17:11  

Sounds ok deal that Matt.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 17/10/2006 17:25  

You've spent a lot of time and effort getting this gig off the mark Matt and you set the rules mate, if someone doesn't like it they shouldn't be here. Simple as that. I for one have a laugh on site and am really grateful to ya. It's only 99p a week for god's sake when all's said and done.

Update Reply
Di @ 17/10/2006 18:11  

And bloody good value too!

Update Reply
rubecula @ 17/10/2006 18:13  

Yep, have to agree with everyone Matt. Your site, your rules, if they don't like it, tough!

I love it here personally and even though I've now found Diane (and boy am I so happy- and it's all because of you Matty boy ) I'll still renew my subscription because there are times when I may need to PM someone with info about an event or something.

So yes you have every right to feel insulted by those that send a message saying "I'm not gonna subcribe, please email me." It just defeats the whole object of the site. So keep up the great work buddy, you got plenty of support from all of us that do subscribe.

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 17/10/2006 19:08  

so sorry didnt read that bit didnt know about it didnt know you couldnt put your msn addy in it sorrrryyyyyyyyy xxxx

Update Reply
XxXkimXxX @ 17/10/2006 19:21  

Hello Kim, how's you? Good to see you posting.

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 17/10/2006 19:28  

yea i dont get on much out on bike most of time lol xxx tryin tho x

Update Reply
XxXkimXxX @ 18/10/2006 04:57  

hello and welcome back matt, after your hopefully productive 'oliday to holland, what a shame you had to come back to an incident or three, or four etc, that isnt quite fair play! im not including xxxkimxxx in my rant, as she has held her hand up and admitted she didnt know it was a no-no, and been big enough to say sorry good on yer, hun. but if people are too tight fisted to pay 99p per week to enjoy the site,as is, with all its attractions and able to switch to bikerchat too, well the gits are just not worth knowing! this is a FRIENDLY site and yeah ,if you newbie, float around , have a gander at all on offer, but if you chattin or pm ing, get your hand in yer pocket, i wont say wallet/purse cos you dont keep small change in there do you.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PAY UP AND SMILE WHILE YER DOIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
kay @ 18/10/2006 08:57  

Well said Kay..... now get your hand in your purse.... you can buy me dinner

Update Reply
rubecula @ 18/10/2006 12:04  

£50 a year is a lot of money to join a web site, if you ask me. I'll get my coat.

Update Reply
ninja @ 18/10/2006 14:03  

Can't say I remember you making much use of the site. So if you want to go that's your choice.... but it is bloody good value if you use it properly. And it ain't expensive..... how much do you pay for other things. Less than half a pint a week for the chance to make new friends and possible someone special who shares your interests. Ok.... too much for you? Then goodbye, and good luck with whatever you decide to do with your cash.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 18/10/2006 14:56  

If it was £10 I'm sure lots more people would join. Like I said, £50 doesn't seem worth it to me. Good luck to you though!

Update Reply
ninja @ 18/10/2006 15:03  

Thanks. Hope you find what/who you're looking for.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 18/10/2006 15:11  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email