MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Membership Options - Changes?

Membership Options - Changes? - Forums [Biker Match] Membership Options - Changes? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Membership Options - Changes?

Given that we now have a large user base, I'd like to ask all our subscribed users if the following membership options should be changed. Would you change any of the following? Would you allow extra things with a free account? Or require a subscribed account for some features? Anything feature that allows someone to add data to the site (other than a profile, which are closely monitored) needs to be for subscribed users only. This keeps spam levels down, and stops hoax users from sending out junk PMs etc. So here's the current list... Membership Types Standard Premium Create Profile Upload photos 1 Unlimited Quick Search View profiles & 1 photo Matchmaker Email Alerts Access Events Read Forums Receive Private Messages Send Winks Receive Winks See "Who has viewed me?" E-Bulletin Help & Assistance Priority-User for Help & Assistance Create Events Send Private Messages Post in forums Search forums View all member photos Chatroom Advanced Searches Remove advertisements 'Favourites' list Priority listing in search results Profile on homepage Higher "Karma" for top users list

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/05/2008 11:05  

From a business point of view, I would allow standard members to send winks. Any email replies generated by such a wink would encourage members to subscribe in order to follow them up. I am happy to accept a mere 10% commission on any further revenue that this proposal generates. I think this is fair.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 16/05/2008 11:47  

hey thats the way it already is, ooops i must change the above info (Which i pulled from the "subscription required" page). But thanks for picking up on that lol :-) I was also thinking... rather than people having to subscribe to send messages, what if each new member could send 10 messages for free, but to prevent spam they must subscribe to send more than 10?

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/05/2008 12:08  

10 Messages then subsribe.... I think thats a great idea Matt, oooo you do like to tease!!!

Update Reply
Scary @ 16/05/2008 12:37  

just had a thought... what's to stop people creating a new account after each 10 messages (Tight fisted gits)? And should we do the same with the forums? Or will it open us up to spammers?

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/05/2008 14:14  

Could you not make it so that the same email address cannot be used more than once, that way if they wanted more than one profile they would need more than one email address. And also how about free access for the whole site but only for 5 days? Damn it I've put a sensible post up!!

Update Reply
Scary @ 16/05/2008 14:39  

Hey Matt that sounds good I think lol! Scary that is a great idea free for 5 days I have done that with other sites and to have different profile would need different addy is good one. Geoff there are other sites that do that and it actually does make you want to subscribe cos you want to know what the email says Mazza

Update Reply
Mazza @ 16/05/2008 18:49  

hmmm, do all the bother of subscribin an it say's ''fk off wierdo!!''not nice is it geoff?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 17/05/2008 03:56  

haha lol @ TM. Re the 5-day thing. I used to have it at a free 3 day test period, but theres one big problem with that... it only takes 1 day for a spammer to send out shed loads of crap to all our members and seriously damage our site's reputation and good vibe. You currently can wink without subscribing, it makes 2 people subscribe if they get a wink of each other. Its good for us, and also good for them (They dont have to subscribe until they know theres an interested party). I just posted the wrong details in my first post above :-)

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/05/2008 06:38  

Most folk have several email addresses already and there are plenty of web based email services, so it's really easy to get around 1 email/1 ID rulings. & I've seen lots of places spammed/spoiled by allowing free access, even if temporary. You're spot on about the site's good vibe too Matt - you've done a great job with it - as have the members who are all so welcoming to newbies Do I qualify for the Brown Nose Award yet? Seriously though... it's the first site with a "dating" element I've been on in years that hasn't had me fleeing for the hills within a few days due to the nature/inundation of messages.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/05/2008 11:39  

so thats how we get rid of yo.... I mean, erm. yea keep going, there's an award for you for sure! Thanks for the comments, all the staff here do really well and people on other sites have started commenting about how nice it is over here! Word of mouth is worth gold (so let all ur friends know, especially on other websites!)

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/05/2008 12:27  

*curses*

I'm at home so no smileys! Have a :-p instead! lol

Word is indeed being spread ;-)

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/05/2008 13:38  

*edits last post*

The word is NOT "legs".

*disapproving smiley*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/05/2008 13:39