MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Iom tt

Iom tt - Forums [Biker Match] Iom tt - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Iom tt

im looking to go to the IOM TT. the ferries are doing a package deal at the moment from the 6th of june but thats when he TT finishes has anyone evry been there at the end and would it be worth going on that weekend ? adam

Update Reply
adzzz @ 12/05/2008 23:43  

Adzzz. I havn't been back to the island for the past twenty years but not for the want of not wishing to go back. It was always great back then. I don't know what it is like now but on the last week end at the end of the T.T. everyone wanted to get back home. One year I booked the ferry so as to stay a couple of days extra. During T.T. week everything was geared to bikes and they were like ants (Everwhere). The day after the T.T. ended, the bikes were thinning out. I went to bed that night and when I woke up, I was in a different world. Virtually no bikes to be seen, loads of cars were back on the streets and the place was full of pensioners. The week after T.T. week always used to be 'Geriatrics' week but I don't know if is still the same nowadays. I aint knocking geriatrics as I am becoming closer to being one myself, I'm just telling it as It used to be and as I saw it. Check it out with someone who may have experienced it recently. The good side was that (Coming back) I had much more room on the ferry for my bike. M.S.

Update Reply
M.S. @ 13/05/2008 22:58  

thanks buddy thats what i thought might happen

Update Reply
adzzz @ 14/05/2008 01:16  

Hi We stopped over by a few days in 2003 and everything thats to do with bikes disappears and the Islands back to its normal sleepy state. It is however very picturesque and prbably still worth a visit

Update Reply
alastair1100 @ 20/05/2008 17:00  

Hi.. I got this email from Steam Packet Ferries today.. seems there's still time to book a ferry for the TT. Yesterday was an exciting day for us at the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company, as we announced the purchase of a new fast craft vessel. Some of you may have seen the speculation in the press surrounding this. We can now confirm that it is true. The ship, currently known as Incat 050, will replace our existing fast craft Viking and serve primarily the seasonal Liverpool – Douglas route. The 96 metre wave piercing catamaran will be the largest vessel of its type in the Irish Sea and will significantly enhance the service we can offer due to its faster cruising speed, greater vehicle and passenger capacity, freight backup capacity and increased levels of passenger comfort. You can find more details on our Latest News page or read Mark’s thoughts on this on our very own Chief Executive’s Blog ‘A Word With Woodward’. With less than a week to go until the start of the TT 2008 we couldn’t resist providing an update. We have just signed up an additional freighter charter for TT. “Merchant Brilliant" will be on charter in Practice Week from 27 May to 31st May and also on 9 June. This will provide additional resilience and an improved service for our freight customers during this busy time. She will also free up additional vehicle deck space on Ben-my-Chree for any late bookings so it is not too late to book. If you’re planning on travelling during this period please BOOK NOW to avoid disappointment. All of us at the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company are looking forward to welcoming you onboard. Best regards, Isle of Man Steam Packet Company

Update Reply
Karey @ 20/05/2008 17:23  

I have just come back from MotoGP at Le Mans and was talking with a guy who goes to IOM every year after the races. He said it was the best time to visit. Rooms are cheaper, roads are clear, you can still blast round the TT course and there are not as many coppers about.

Update Reply
Steve55 @ 20/05/2008 20:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email