MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Romania - anyone have any tips?

Romania - anyone have any tips? - Forums [Biker Match] Romania - anyone have any tips? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Romania - anyone have any tips?

Hi all, Off to sunny (?) Romania on Friday with Lil Sis... Specifically to Brasov (i.e. Transylvania area / foothills of the Carpathian mountains). Anyone here been before? We'll do all the usual "Eeenglish Toureesta" rubbish I'm sure, but it's always good to get tips from folk who've been places before. Cheers & beers, Louise

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 28/04/2008 07:02  

Hi Louise and welcome, Got a friend who owns a house near Zarnesti...tells me the people are friendly, but it's like a trip back in time to the 1950s. Not much in the way of electronic entertainment! Great if you're into low-tech holidaying with scenery, food and fresh air. Might be going there myself come August - let us know how you get on.

Update Reply
Wills @ 28/04/2008 08:00  

Cheers for the welcome Wills As I'm welded to a keyboard 24/7, it'll do me good to go somewhere with limited electronic entertainment! lol Must remember to grab an extra memory card for the camera... I'm a sucker for scenery Full report upon my return!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 28/04/2008 08:56  

If I was to accompany you then I could help with any issues you may have such as language problems or directions around the country. Ok, so I don't actually speak Romanian, but I've been there loads, absolutely loads. Well actually no I haven't. In fact I've never been to Romania and have never even thought about going to Romania. However, having seen your profile I am suddenly very interested in going with you!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 28/04/2008 12:02  

*chortles* Get yourself to Gatport Airwick at stupid o'clock Friday morning then, and we'll meet you at the Sleasyjet desk

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 28/04/2008 12:45  

Wahey!!!!! Oh - cant make Friday morning, got a meeting .... damn!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 28/04/2008 17:58  

I'm told that a smattering of French or German will always help, though when the going gets tough an English-speaker will usually emerge from somewhere. Widespread, but reluctant, Russian, too. I have schoolboy French and war-comic German, but my Russian stops at tovarich and piva (beer!)...fingers crossed! I've only ever met one Romanian that I can remember, an ancient and crumbly engineer called Henri Coanda. But at least Bucharest airport is named after him!

Update Reply
Wills @ 28/04/2008 19:36  

*tuts*

Always with the excuses Geoff? ;-)

I reckon so long as we learn the phrases for "2 beers, my good man!" and "taxi!" we'll be covered well enough Wills! lol

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 28/04/2008 23:45  

last we'll se of wannabe for a while she'll probably resurface in a uk bordello at some future date,so maybe meet geoff after all!!!an he will smuggle her out an they will live, well, fairly happily ever after!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 29/04/2008 04:46  

And they told me romance was dead!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 29/04/2008 05:28  

its still alive an kickin down herein Dorset,jus wanna see me tangoin with a rose in me teeth!!knock out!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 29/04/2008 07:29  

Ahhhhh... *light dawns* So that's where the "Tango" comes in! I thought maybe you were a fake tan fan or a Dale Winton afficionado? *scarpers*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 29/04/2008 07:53  

An' I though it was 'cos you drank a certain fizzy pop!!!

Update Reply
Wills @ 29/04/2008 08:13  

dale winton my hero!!!havent drank tango fer yrs lots of tango in london if yu ever fancy learning then yu can meet lots of bruce forsyth dale winton lookalikes !!!none of the guys of of strictly though!![said to much there!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 29/04/2008 08:47  

*creeps back in* Phew! I forget that folk don't know me yet round these parts... My teasing is always done in the best possible taste! I've just started taking Flamenco dancing lessons as it happens Been years since I did any sort of dancing... and I've always loved Flamenco (or is it just that I love Joaquin Cortes? Either way works! lol) so I thought why not? Loving it!

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 29/04/2008 09:46  

me castinettes are clickin at this very minute thinkin of Jo..sorry how's yer paassa doblay or whatever do yu wear red?i fancy a night tangoin in the smoke sometime [hint hint] [me scarper's now!!!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 29/04/2008 10:01  

*sniggers* I'm close to Ebbsfleet... Tango in Paris? Last one?! *scarpers again before anyone starts talking about butter*

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 29/04/2008 10:23  

not dartford?ani prefer flora wiv omega 3 or bertoli olive oil spread!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 29/04/2008 10:44  

ROFL!

Tango-ing in Dartford?! Whatever next?

There used to be a half decent rock & roll night, but the club owners took it upon themselves to change the place into some dodgy old nightclub. I worked there a few times but I'd never have paid to walk through the door! lol

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 29/04/2008 13:23  

back of the bike into london for a afternoon dance!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 29/04/2008 13:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email