MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

blued (tempered look) downpipes

blued (tempered look) downpipes - Forums [Biker Match] blued (tempered look) downpipes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

blued (tempered look) downpipes

has anyone seen downpipes with a heat treated/tempered look for sale at a dealer or website? im sure ive seen em for sale at a bike/tool fair but cannot for the life of me find any now i want some. any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Update Reply
northerndude @ 18/04/2008 18:07  

the downpipes you are looking for are titainium the hotter they get the more blue they get they did it to mine you will have to spend big money though

Update Reply
old gixer boy @ 19/04/2008 08:22  

Can always leave your bike on stand running (no air flow = blued pipes) I crashed my bike and bent the gear selector) had to ride all the way home in 1st down pipes turned blue for the 1st 8" no problem (but made my under 1000 mile two fifty look totally thrashed lol) someone with oxy acetaline gas welding kit could blue any shiny metal down pipes with a reasonable degree of accuacy too..............

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 30/05/2008 16:16  

i saw an advert for a exhaust which you could get pre coloured but they did warn the colour would fade after a while, sorry cannot remember which maker, was a few years ago.

Update Reply
Suzuki_bob @ 12/06/2008 14:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email