MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

advice on bike security

advice on bike security - Forums [Biker Match] advice on bike security - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

advice on bike security

Hi, I am looking for some advise on what extra security i could use to protect my bike as 12am i had 2 kids (under 18) taking the cover off my bike, then took off, they came back at 1:55am to try and steal my bike.

i already have a heavy thick chain on for the back wheel, disk lock brake with alarm, after market alarm fitted, and a bike cover.

Update Reply
Hansen2k23 @ 21/10/2023 06:19  

Have you got a ground anchor?
The only thing you can really do is to make it as difficult as possible for them. Ideally keep it in a locked garage, shed, lock-up or indoors. Anywhere out of site.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/10/2023 12:08  

Check out Y locks, they can be concreted into the ground and then a good heavy strong chain threaded through.

Alternatively a bike alarm with tracker.

Got one on DDs bike. 24 hr surveillance with triggered phone calls when slight movement occurs, to make sure the bike is where it should be.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 21/10/2023 17:06  

Assuming that you are storing it off road, if the area is fenced I have found in the past that a very large dog tends to put off thieves🤣

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 21/10/2023 18:01  

Hi sorry for the late reply just woke up as I have not slept one bit when it all happened, the bike is in the back garden behind a shed, so when it's dark you can not see it at all outside, (not even street light shows it.) I have just gotten a ground anchor off my brother today for my bike, I have also got a second heavy duty chain to go for the bike also, they done all this in front of my CCTV cameras also.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Have you got a ground anchor?
The only thing you can really do is to make it as difficult as possible for them. Ideally keep it in a locked garage, shed, lock-up or indoors. Anywhere out of site....

Update Reply
Hansen2k23 @ 21/10/2023 18:18  

Thank you, I was talking to my family this afternoon as we where talking about trackers for the bike. As I do have a fitted alarm on the bike but have it turned off (due to storm we had).

Quote:
Check out Y locks, they can be concreted into the ground and then a good heavy strong chain threaded through.

Alternatively a bike alarm with tracker.

Got one on DDs bike. 24 hr surveillance with...

Update Reply
Hansen2k23 @ 21/10/2023 18:19  

Thieves might be put off by cctv which isn't as expensive these days..

If it's not visible it sounds like they knew it was there so was it a neighbours kids?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 21/10/2023 18:34  

No idea, police think they may of spotted my bike when I have been out at work and followed it before it had the cover put on it.

Quote:
Thieves might be put off by cctv which isn't as expensive these days..

If it's not visible it sounds like they knew it was there so was it a neighbours kids?...

Update Reply
Hansen2k23 @ 21/10/2023 18:38  

Sadly the best thing to do is have that many locks on your bike that it's easier for the scum bags to go up the road to nick someone else's pride and joy.

Just a thought paint on your bike cover 'I also have a 12 bore shotgun and know how to use it too'

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 21/10/2023 20:18  

Love it 👍

A baseball bat/hockey stick/lump of wood by the back door helps allegedly

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 21/10/2023 22:36  

Ground anchor but fixed to wall as they can't hammer at it easy.that didn't stop them yrs ago setting light to my cover.just bad huh.ghost rider outta there to me ma's fs

Update Reply
Suziwuz123 @ 24/10/2023 18:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email