MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

the nights are drawing in, so thinking about Easter 2024

the nights are drawing in, so thinking about Easter 2024 - Forums [Biker Match] the nights are drawing in, so thinking about Easter 2024 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

the nights are drawing in, so thinking about Easter 2024

As per the title the night's have now started to draw in, it will soon be autumnal, if not winter (I like to be ahead of the game).
So to 2024.
Easter is in March next year. So if I'm going to do an Easter in Teesdale it might be better to not do it at Easter unless we can lay our paws on a bunch of ski-doos...
Right, back to me beer 🍺

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 29/06/2023 21:52  

Hows about Mayday Madness in Middleton 🤔

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 29/06/2023 22:04  

If it's May it might a Spring Gentian trip, although you'll need to be prepared for a short walk of a couple of miles if you want to see them. Or a long walk if people are feeling adventurous.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentiana_verna

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 30/06/2023 13:03  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
If it's May it might a Spring Gentian trip, although you'll need to be prepared for a short walk of a couple of miles if you want to see them. Or a long walk if people are feeling adventurous.

https:...

I would do an overnighter for that, thanks Steve 👍

Update Reply
dynax @ 30/06/2023 13:23  

The best place to see the Gentians is up on Cronkley Fell.
It's not a severe hike or anything like that onto the fell but it does need a few hours and the proverbial stout boots, you won't be doing it in bike boots and riding gear (although I did once take a bunch up to the Quiraing on Skye in bike leathers but that's another story).
If anyone is into hill walking stupidity it might be worth doing a separate non biking event because most people will want me to take them a-hooning, a-scoffing and a-drinking.
I'm happy to do two separate events or tag a day onto Not Easter.

The short walk to the Gentians is from the Langdon Beck pub, it's still a mile or so but it's flat. Well flatish.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 30/06/2023 15:18  

FFS Steve I haven't finished my Christmas pudding yet

Update Reply
JP @ 30/06/2023 17:14  

I'm up for this one... I'd love a walk to see the Gentians. 😃

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 30/06/2023 18:14  

I can't for one moment believe you've saved some Christmas pudding this long. If you have you should hang your head in shame...
On the other hand if you've found a mid-summer source of Christmas pudding you are a hero of epic proportions and you should share the knowledge.
I could just go a crimbo pudding with brandy source about now... 😋

Quote:
FFS Steve I haven't finished my Christmas pudding yet...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 30/06/2023 18:36  

I may have some brandy sauce in my store cupboard...

Will send by pigeon post if so.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 30/06/2023 19:29  

I could fit my walking boots in and some non biking gear and do both Steve. BTW is Mayday Madness in Middleton not an acceptable title? 😔

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 30/06/2023 20:47  

WTF is a Gentian? is it some sort of Northland hamster? Perhaps a bird of prey that eats northland hamsters?

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 03/07/2023 19:18  

It's a plant, blue flower.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 03/07/2023 20:22  

So it's not just me that's ignorant about a Gentian 🤣🤣

Thanks Linz for improving our knowledge.

Mayday madness in Middleton sounds excellent idea.

Quote:
WTF is a Gentian? is it some sort of Northland hamster? Perhaps a bird of prey that eats northland hamsters?...

Update Reply
Witcher Man @ 04/07/2023 01:46  

The gentian to which I refer is a one of the Teesdale Assemblage of rare plants, it is a little blue jobbie found in Upper Teesdale and some bits of Ireland.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gentiana_verna

The Gentian which you're thinking of Goose is indeed hamster like but is in fact the Pennine Gentian Haggis (Taigeis Gentiana Sassanach) and is related to the Scottish Haggis.
It is easily distinguished from it's more northern kin in that the legs on both left and right sides are longer that the other, this is an evolutionary trait which enables it to run around the hills in either direction.
The Pennine Haggis lacks the Tartan colouration of the Scottish Haggis, it is a vibrant blue/purple colour, which does fuck all for it's survival chances when faced with a hungry buzzard. It's primary defense is that it gives any preditor severe indigestion and flatulence.

I hope this enlightenment will come is useful 🙂

Quote:
WTF is a Gentian? is it some sort of Northland hamster? Perhaps a bird of prey that eats northland hamsters?...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 04/07/2023 07:19  

We only found 1 lonely speciman last time🙃the walk is nice tho..Im up for next year this time 😎

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 05/07/2023 08:56  

If we can decide on dates for definite, I need to get accommodation sorted in good time 😁 happy to do both dates if necessary - April and May Day weekend ? 👍👍

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 15/07/2023 11:05  

I'm thinking Friday 3rd to Monday 6th May, that's the early May bank holiday.
It's still early enough in the year, the weather should be good (no snow risk anyway) and the gentians will be out for those that are interested.
We can sort out the details later but if that date is OK I'll put it jn the diary.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/07/2023 17:15  

Fine by me Steve.. Is that a definite then???
We'll just have to wait until the Teesdale start taking bookings🤔

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 17/07/2023 03:00  

If we can get this in the calendar please I can start looking for Airbnb and such like! Ta very much 😁

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 31/07/2023 16:48  

OK, I'll get something on the calendar over the next couple of days.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 31/07/2023 19:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email