MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

CBT/what bike is best

CBT/what bike is best - Forums [Biker Match] CBT/what bike is best - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

CBT/what bike is best

Hi guys I've decided I'm going to look into my CBT and get a bike, I'm not after one of these hairdryers on wheels disguised as a moped, can anyone suggest anything that might be suitable. Thanks

Update Reply
HELLRAISER1357 @ 03/06/2023 21:50  

First things first. Well done for moving forward and doing something positive.

Plenty of bikes out there that will suit your needs for the time being.

Initially you will have to decide on the type of bike you want, commuter style, adventure, cruiser etc.

I would have a look at some reviews from youtube channels like Spicy110, The Missenden Flyer and Rev Bomb.

https://www.youtube.com/c/spicy110/videos

https://www.youtube.com/c/RevBombUK/videos

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheMissendenFlyer/videos

The Missenden Flyer doesn't really do CBT legal reviews but I have put it in because he has done reviews on the mini bikes which is an interesting watch and a bit of fun.

Have a look at these to begin with, and if and when you need some advice further along i'm here to help 👍

Good luck and enjoy the journey

Update Reply
dynax @ 04/06/2023 09:00  

Good for you HR, a CBT leads to the road to freedom.

Your budget, the style of bike you like, what you plan to use the bike for etc all comes into it.
Once you know that it will be easier for people to say "have a look at this bike".

However it's hard for anyone to say which is the best bike for you only you will know that because one bike doesn't fit all. Plus most people will only have knowledge of two 125's. The one they did their CBT on and the one they bought after.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 04/06/2023 17:05  

Good to hear your going for it HR.
You'll do your CBT on the school's bikes. After that why not stick with the training school using their bikes and get your full licence for a bigger bike.
That way you can bypass the whole purgatory of 125 existence and go straight to something more usable.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 04/06/2023 20:29  

i did Cbt on the school's bike and then did 6 lessons on a riding schools bike and used same bike each lesson and did test on that same bike and passed 😁.......

I had a cbr400 waiting....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2023 21:32  

Always used to be the Honda CG125, so now CBF125 is probably a good choice or similar. Easy to ride easy to U-turn on and does everything easy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/06/2023 14:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email