MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

need advise to combat rust

need advise to combat rust - Forums [Biker Match] need advise to combat rust - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

need advise to combat rust

help.. trike is sorned at mo, hope to get it MOTd later this month but oh, the rust.. embarrassed.
what would be good to use? on tank, and chrome..
cheers
cranialcaf

Update Reply
Coolcafb @ 01/05/2023 09:43  

Something like kurust from hammerite (there are cheaper alternatives that do the same thing, sold at any car spares
Place) will be a good start as it will stop the rust spreading. But if its bad it maybe cheaper to just change the part with a like for like, as curing the rust, then getting something re-chromed can be expensive game these days.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/05/2023 19:14  

Solvo autosol and a lot of work. If it's not moving try a screwed up bit if tin foil dipped in coke. The best way to combat rust is a deep clean before winter and a wipe down with an oily rag

Update Reply
JP @ 02/05/2023 05:11  

White vineger and water to kill the rust, then autosol to clean up and polish then acf50 everything , should last 6 months then re acf 50 before winter storage if thats your thing

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2023 17:56  

yeah I used to coat my Harley in acf50 every winter and ride her through it all and she looked like I'd been green laning most of the time..... when I got home I would cold hose her down to get salt off before putting away

come spring I washed the acf50 off and she was mint condition underneath....it's good stuff

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2023 20:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email