MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Truth about age

Truth about age - Forums [Biker Match] Truth about age - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Truth about age

Some years ago, a friend of mine, now in her 80s, went on POF to find a fella. She met someone and became great friends and then left te site. Some while later, they went to book a holiday and while in the Travel Agents, it came to the point where the advisor was asking details, so she could complete the forms. There was an amount of silence when she was asked fr her age. She had always looked young for her age and had a number of cosmetic treatments on her face and body. Erm erm, her fella, said come on, it's only a number. So she blurted out her true age, some 10 years older than shown on POF. He then had to give his age and he had knocked off 7 years. He did look more his age and less able to kid someone about it.
They are still friends and have enjoyed holidays away together.
Personally, I think they were both dishonest and should not have deceived people on POF. Despite her being a good friend and neighbour I was horrified by their behaviour.
Rod

Update Reply
Busaflyer @ 13/04/2023 08:11  

Because they were dishonest to each other and nobody else was hurt by there action, there no real harm done x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2023 10:00  

If you meet someone on whatever dating site and like who you see stood in front of you and get on .... then why should age matter ?

Update Reply
Blue Angel @ 14/04/2023 14:32  

Age is just a number

Update Reply
havfun @ 14/04/2023 19:06  

Not if it's in Roman numerals

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 14/04/2023 19:09  

I never got past VIII 😜😜

but I get the fact that if someone lies about their age 🤔.... what else might they be totally happy to lie about if honestly ain't part of their make up......

but I also agree that age don't matter if you get on with someone.... no need to lie though.....🤥..... surely a true relationship is based on truths and trusts and actually knowing the other hooman.....call me weird....😂😂

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Not if it's in Roman numerals...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/04/2023 21:18  

Lots of people do lie about their age, and most likely a bunch of other stuff too. I can't see the point myself, life is complicated enough without adding fantasy to the mix.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/04/2023 06:37  

It should not matter but if you lie about it then it clearly matters to that person. I just see it as a bad way to start off a relationship.
Quite oddly on a similar vein, I moved in to my place in about 1997 and got to know my elderly next door neighbours very well. I used to write letters on his behalf as he had no computer or printer and did not know how to use one. I wrote on one occasion to the Pensions people at Newcastle on his behalf about his wife. He was looking for her birth certificate and going to the place in Manchester for a copy of it so he could claim her pension as she clearly had dementia. It was only after talking to her sister, who told him that his wife was the oldest sister and not the youngest that he had an idea of her correct Birth date. She was approx 17 years older than she told him from when they first met. It then fell in to place why she finished work early, it was not ill health but retirement. She had missed out on 17 years of pension to keep that secret going. It fell in place about when she went through the change and all sorts of medical things during their life together. So the problem of starting off with a lie is it leads to many more to protect that first one.
Rod

Quote:
If you meet someone on whatever dating site and like who you see stood in front of you and get on .... then why should age matter ?...

Update Reply
Busaflyer @ 15/04/2023 17:24  

😳😳🤔🤔..... lmfao you've a lot of mates who pick their age out of a hat 😳😂😂😂😂🤪

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/04/2023 19:57  

well just the one, the other was the guy she met and my neighbours wife. Both were neighbours. It does show that being dishonest is nothing new lol

Quote:
😳😳🤔🤔..... lmfao you've a lot of mates who pick their age out of a hat 😳😂😂😂😂🤪...

Update Reply
Busaflyer @ 18/04/2023 17:36  

People do what they do, and as long what they do doesn't directly interfere with me PERSONALLY, just let them get on with it.

People have far too much time on their hands if they have the time to moan about other people.

GET OUT AND FEKKING RIDE this weather won't last forever.

Update Reply
dynax @ 18/04/2023 18:22  

LOL 😆

Quote: Ragnar
Not if it's in Roman numerals...

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/04/2023 19:58  

I don't see any moaning other than yours. It's actually intended to make people aware that the truth is not always told.

Quote:
People do what they do, and as long what they do doesn't directly interfere with me PERSONALLY, just let them get on with it.

People have far too much time on their hands if they have the time to moa...

Update Reply
Busaflyer @ 22/04/2023 14:32  

PMSL 🤣🤣🤣

Update Reply
dynax @ 22/04/2023 16:32  

You know your getting old when Jessica Fletcher starts looking Hot
so a friend told me

Update Reply
Hipotomuse @ 30/04/2023 19:44  

😂😂😂😂😂😜

Quote: