MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Important - Alternative fuels HoC report

Important - Alternative fuels HoC report - Forums [Biker Match] Important - Alternative fuels HoC report - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Important - Alternative fuels HoC report

The House of Commons Transport Committee has published its report on fueling the future, and it makes very interesting reading.

It is very critical of the present electric/battery only approach and recommends a diversity of future fueling options, something we have been banging on about for a long time.
Bikes aren't mentions as a separate entity but you needn't get paranoid, everything under "Road" will apply to us.
If this was some independent pressure group I would take it to be well meaning nonsense, but it isn't, it's the House of Commons Transport Committee.

Have a look at it, link below, and if nothing else read the summary before commenting.

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5803/cmselect/cmtrans/159/summary.html

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 05/03/2023 14:15  

It's an interesting article Steve. Nice to know that some politicians agree that battery powered EVs are not the fix-all that some appear to believe...

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 06/03/2023 13:42  

Thanks very much for posting this link.

I've long held the view that different solutions will be needed for us the significantly reduce carbon emissions & improve air quality and have long been concerned about the narrow view that battery EV were the answer for everyone.

This is the best indication yet that the government are open to a range of solutions.

Update Reply
Coffee n Cake @ 08/03/2023 15:30  

I know that Stuart Fillingham's channel on Youtube covered this subject, he's certainly one biker who's 'awake' to this whole Great Reset plan, the last video I watched of his is most concerning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZX7yiK_HwU

Update Reply
Addicted to bikes @ 14/09/2023 12:56  

I have watched this video now. Like many of his diatribes it is a bit doom and gloom and I thought there was going to be an exemption for I. C. E. vehicles that can run on artificial sustainable fuels. Living in a modern well insulated bungalow with underfloor heating and an air source heat pump I'm not too worried about complying, assuming I even live til 2050.Having said that I can see no harm in a bit of democracy and having a referendum.....

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 14/09/2023 17:19  

The first 5 minutes made sense but then SF's medication failed and paranoia kicked in.
It's never a good idea mixing facts with theory and fantasy.
I'd better go track down a copy of the energy bill.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/09/2023 10:11  

Tracking down the Energy Bill, which is according SF is difficult to find.
1. Open your browser and type "gov.uk" into the address bar, this takes you to the UK Government website.
2. Type "energy bill" into the search bar.
3. Third one down is the "Energy Security Bill" - there you go, it tells you all about it.
4. If you want the actual bill that is going through Parliament follow the link to the Parliament Website and look in publications.
It looks like a cracking good read!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/09/2023 11:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email