MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What Do people think of the Vstrom 1000 (2017) Model?

What Do people think of the Vstrom 1000 (2017) Model? - Forums [Biker Match] What Do people think of the Vstrom 1000 (2017) Model? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What Do people think of the Vstrom 1000 (2017) Model?

Hi

I'm seriously looking at Vstroms 1000, 2017ish model. what do people think of them ?

any comments welcome TIA.

Update Reply
Bikerdude2009 @ 02/03/2023 07:51  

I've looked at VStroms several times in the past and they are on my 'might buy next' list. I've no interest in the amount of electronic nonsense some manufacturers fit on bikes these days and I've long standing fondness for Suzuki reliability (be it 2 or 4 wheels).
A few folks I know have had VStroms, big and small, over the years and they seem to be pretty much bullet proof.
Having said all that good stuff the new 1050de has lost the plot, a spoked tubeless rear rear wheel is good, but a spoked tubed wheel on the front? On an adventure touring bikes? WTF is that all about? 😆

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/03/2023 08:30  

Pretty sturdy bike but because they are a v twin derived from the TL
They dont like to be in higher gears at low revs also keep an eye on the rims a cpl of my custoners had rims replaced under warranty due to corrosion issues where the two halves were welded together but generally a good bike

Update Reply
essexmick @ 02/03/2023 14:16  

Just to reopen a dormant thread. I've now got a V-Strom, and two weeks into ownership I can say so far, so good.
I've still got to fiddle the suspension to my tastes, I've fitted the high seat fits my spider crab physique and a topbox to give me somewhere to stash a pie or two.
Mine has cast wheels. The spoked variety are the same design as the Tenere and corrode like buggery, and as I'm not going bog hopping I don't need them.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/04/2023 20:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email