MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Rapid Training?

Rapid Training? - Forums [Biker Match] Rapid Training? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Rapid Training?

Anyone done any advanced training with these people? www.rapidtraining.co.uk Thinking about doing the 2 day course and also the track based course. Cheers Rigan

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/03/2008 06:12  

Alternatively has anyone got any experience of these folks? circuitbasedtraining dot co.uk As you can tell I'm looking into doing some advanced training lol and before anyone says anything, yes i do know about Bikesafe, IAM and RoSPA. I dont want the general advanced course i want a decent intructor to work on specific aspects of my riding

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/03/2008 08:07  

when making web links, write the word dot co.uk or dot com etc. :-) Thanks (There is another way, like ive done in ur first post, but its hard to explain how to do).

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/03/2008 08:09  

I haven't, however apart from the usual RoSPA advanced courses and performance courses, I did a couple of cornering and braking courses at Darley Moor under the tuition of Dave Luscombe. Back then you had to provide your own bike and leathers, but now this has become the Mick Boddice Track School, with Dave still as chief instructor. Now from what I am aware they are supported by Honda and have a group of CBR600s with full equipment for hire. This was superb. I learnt a heck of a lot, my cornering dramatically approved and I had a lot of fun in the process. Learning to stop as quickly as possible from 120mph is a little scary, but still fun lol! This was ten years ago and I still use the skills learnt today - although I think it is fair to say that I could really do with a refresher course I think.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/03/2008 14:11  

i2imca dot com I went on a course with these yesterday, it was their opening course (MC1)They had us riding at 40mph stood up, no hands on the bars riding over 2" timber and down pot holes. This is not stunt riding, but a different approach to what is being taught at other places. I would recommend it to everyone.

Update Reply
Steve55 @ 02/03/2008 14:27  

Looks good Steve - although I'm not sure I'd want to try all that on a CB1300!!!! Lol! Had a look at their website and it does all look very professional. May be tempted to give them a ring.

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 02/03/2008 14:34  

Go for it Geoff - yesterday there was FJR1300 and they say that they have had Goldwings and Busa's doing it, a CB1300 should be no problem

Update Reply
Steve55 @ 02/03/2008 17:11  

that looks like a very good course, will start saving! It does say its in Yorkshire, but not exactly where, can you fill in the missing details steve?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 03/03/2008 03:13  

Hi Fraglette The location is near Bickerton off the B1224 about 10 miles East of York, but they send you full details of location and a map. Not that it help me I went straight passed. Ha. Ha.

Update Reply
Steve55 @ 03/03/2008 12:24  

Sorry Fraglette 10 miles WEST of York, just realised while driving to work this morning. Now see why I went passed. lol only joking.

Update Reply
Steve55 @ 04/03/2008 09:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email