MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Harrassment

Harrassment - Forums [Biker Match] Harrassment - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Harrassment

Q: Why do a few male BMers think that female BMers are sitting around waiting to respond to PMs from the male BMers?

I think the time has come to broach this subject due to the fact that I have recently been BLOCKED by such a member. ((Laughable)) considering you made the initial contact NOT me. You know who you are.

Please read and digest the following information:

1. Not all female members are sitting around waiting for PMs to arrive in their inboxes. I assume the same goes for male members

2. Life happens for us all on a daily basis too, family, work etc. We all have things to do on a daily basis. So why is it an expectation that we (women) should and will respond immediately to PMs?

My reason for raising the above is to highlight that we all have a life outside of BM. To be honest, the vast majority of women I know on here would not expect to be at the beck and call of any member, be it male or female.

This site is not solely for dating but is also for social purposes.

If you have read my profile you will note that I am looking for friendship NOT a partner and you Sir (I use the term loosely) appear to have been found lacking.

Due to your expectations (and of course the fact that you have blocked me, has pushed me into making this known to other members.)

Therefore;
If I don't mind, you don't matter!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 22/02/2023 21:13  

Sorry to read your post Lindsay You keep the chin up
If any of this sounds patronising its not meant to be its just lack of practice

Update Reply
Hipotomuse @ 22/02/2023 23:22  

Proof that some things never change, eh Lindsay?

Patience is a virtue,
possess it if you can,
found often in a woman
never in *a man

*some men

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/02/2023 00:22  

Hi Sandi, long time no see. Hope all is well with you.

I think I may need to clarify, the 'harrassment' basically was an expectation of an immediate response.

Life happens, we often don't reply immediately for reasons we don't need to disclose.

*I think Sandi's response above says it all. (Thanks)

'Nuff sed! 🤐

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 23/02/2023 00:42  

It won't surprise you to hear that some people even report others for not responding too Lindsay.
I'm personally baffled by blocking someone for not responding because some members don't want to receive emails telling them that they have a PM and will only know when they next look on the site.
If someone doesn't reply to me I just say to myself that it's their lost.
But never worry Lindsay I'll never block you.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 23/02/2023 07:06  

Just thinking... Whats the point in blocking if that person doesn't reply anyway?? 🤔 🤪 🙃 🤭 The social media phenomenon of being surgically attached to your device... 😂 Glad you are not one of them linz ♥ 👍

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 23/02/2023 07:33  

Well said in stating the obvious Lindz . If someone does not reply they are not interested or have a good reason not to
I have been neglecting my friends [if got any left] on here as I have had health issues and not been able to use either my phone or a PC so sorry for that friends
My condition is al last stabilising so I will I hope begin to rejoin the various discussions
All take care keep safe and rubber side down chat soon

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 23/02/2023 08:04  

The word "control" springs to mind. Think you dodged a bullet Lindsay.

Update Reply
Momeg @ 23/02/2023 09:40  

Well said linz.I don't send messages to ladies coz i don't want to be told to p*** off.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 23/02/2023 10:17  

People who are like linz described, people who dodge paying the sub or men who ask me, if I had anything between my legs lately... 😲 Wtf...!!! 🤪 🙃 🤭

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 23/02/2023 10:18  

I put it down, in part, to the confusion over whether you're here for the motorbike-themed dating aspect or here for the biker social. What's a nod?

If folk, all genders, would read a profile for what the member is looking for on here, and also read what they might say in initial conversation, including the tone of it, then there'd be less misunderstanding; but with so very many obsolete and inactive accounts it's not surprising than on actually getting a reply a member could get carried away with their own emotions/hormones without considering what the other person means by it.

@ Lindsay, you're the life and soul of this site as anyone could see from casting about it; a genuine open, chatty, person and of course you'll reply to messages, if anything you wrote was mis-construed, it's on them. xx

Nil desperandum carburundum illegitami

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 23/02/2023 11:19  

Thank you all for your take on this situation.

Rags your comment, made me 😊, good to know, thank you, matey 🤗

Izzy, they defo won't get me down, just infuriate me! 😡

To be fair this is the first time I've experienced this type of thing and I've been a member for quite a long time. So from that, I conclude the vast majority of members are great!

@QM, you haven't been around since forever, due to your health issues but you haven't been forgotten matey. Hope things are improving for you. Take care and behave yourself, do exactly what you are told. 🤗

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 23/02/2023 13:36  

Just move on Lindsay, don’t let it worry you, there’s plenty more fish in the sea as they say. ( I like a woman that speaks her mind, you know where you stand with her.). Good on yer.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/02/2023 14:05  

They're on the wrong site if they think and act like that.
Should go to somewhere like eharmony instead 🤭🙂😎

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 23/02/2023 20:25  

I think the problem is BM is a lot more than just a dating app / dating site as Lindsey mentioned in her post it is also a social site I tend to think of this place as a pub or rally and its your first time in it, its best to take your time and get a feel for the place and not be loud and pushy when talking / chatting to people .

Update Reply
Hipotomuse @ 23/02/2023 22:45  

@Tomthedon82, I've been a member for approx 10 years. So I am very well aware of what the site is and how it works. It is not solely a dating site, there is a large social side of things too, which is why I and many others on here joined.

The reason for my initial post was to point out that upon receipt private messages are accessed when possible and responded to also when able (or not by some members). Nothing is dictated by the site that all PMs are responded to within set time constraints, nor indeed, at all.

We all have our lives to live and to expect someone to send a response immediately is totally and utterly ridiculous. Moreover the fact that the person you have endeavoured to make contact with has possibly not had the opportunity to read and respond to your message before the sender has then blocked said member!

I could be wrong, but I believe other members will agree with me, that it is not feasible to live day to day, by waiting for PMs to arrive and then immediately responding to them.

Nuff 'sed.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 23/02/2023 23:36  

Lindsay said: Hi Sandi, long time no see. Hope all is well with you.

Hello Lindsay, same as ever, thanks for asking. Hope you're doing well too. 🙂

QM I'm glad you've got your stabilisers on, oh soz, that was a misread 😉, good that you're getting there. Nice to see you on here.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/02/2023 11:20  

Is it really a problem Lindsay, I’ve had people block me, so what as far as I’m concerned it’s there loss

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/02/2023 22:11  

Hi Lindz
So he blocked you what a Pratt it’s his loss
But we all know that
Be good 😇

Update Reply
GS George @ 24/02/2023 23:10  

Unfortunately Lindsay some blokes are self entitled, controlling, misogynistic, lunatics (which could be why they remain single). Perhaps best just to block him back and have done.
Mind you, and to be fair, there are some bat shit crazy women out there too.
From what I can see online dating is like riding a pogo stick in a minefield 🍇🧄🥥🍆🥦

(I would normally have put a smilie at this point, but this morning android is only offering me fruit and veg for some reason)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 25/02/2023 07:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email