MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Flying Legends Jul 15-16

Flying Legends Jul 15-16 - Forums [Biker Match] Flying Legends Jul 15-16 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Flying Legends Jul 15-16

First of all, yes I know this isn't a biking event. But bear with me.

Flying Legends is probably the biggest air show in Europe featuring vintage piston-engined warplanes.
For years it's been based at Duxford near Cambridge, but they've been forced out and this week a new home has been revealed at Church Fenton in Yorkshire.
That's just over five miles from Squires cafe, long a favourite of BM-ers and northern bikers in general.
Squires has a big campsite, a tenner to bikers, fifteen quid for a car. Anyone thinking what I'm thinking?

Update Reply
Wills @ 22/02/2023 21:05  

I'm thinking I may go to this but I will be sleeping in my own bed. Not at Squires 😂🤣😂👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 22/02/2023 21:31  

Bugger I would love to do that but it clashes with Finks daughters wedding

Update Reply
JP @ 23/02/2023 04:47  

The former RAF Church Fenton Airfield isn't too far from Tadcaster. It's also now known as East Leeds Airport.

I'm not sure how Church Fenton village will cope with the amount of traffic that will no doubt be descending on the area.

I am considering going, sounds like an interesting day out.

PS. If you also want to find out a little bit about the Battle of Towton Moor (1461) it's just up the road. Not far away at all.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 23/02/2023 10:11  

Sounds interesting, will keep an eye on this.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 23/02/2023 17:22  

Tickets are now on sale at £45 a pop. Or £135 if you want to go posh at the Sky Lounge
www.flyinglegends.com

Update Reply
Wills @ 16/05/2023 20:58  

I was interested but at that price, it's a NO from me. I may well drive up in the general direction of Church Fenton and have a gander at what is going on. Yeah, just call me a cheap skate!! 👍🏻😂

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/05/2023 00:05  

Sounds interesting linz, I might join you on a cheapskate trip 👍 😂

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 17/05/2023 00:53  

I'm with the cheapskate group, but if someone planning a camp at Squires and ride out to watch a hairyplane fly over somewhere I might be interested.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/05/2023 06:47  

You'll get to see some of the aircraft at Squire's, too rich for my pocket too so count me in for a cheapskate day 🤣

Update Reply
dynax @ 17/05/2023 08:17  

Is this turning into the inaugural meeting of the BM Scrooge Appreciation Group? 🙃

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/05/2023 14:27  

I am unsure as to how far out they will fly out of Church Fenton or even which direction they will go. I will endeavour to get some information for anyone that wants to know a bit more. 👍🏻🤞🏻

Steve, it will be the first official meeting of BM SAG.

If I can get some info I may be able to pinpoint a pub locally that where we could spend the afternoon staring at the sky. 😂🤣

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 17/05/2023 17:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email