MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

I've had enough of this crap weather already

I've had enough of this crap weather already - Forums [Biker Match] I've had enough of this crap weather already - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

I've had enough of this crap weather already

Since the beginning of October it's been either pissing it down or blowing a gale up here. Usually both. Chances of getting out on two wheels (petrol or leg powered) is absolutely bugger all.
I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.
And it seems everyone I know from the Deep South has been gloating about a lovely, mild late autumn and rides out.
Not that I'm bitter or jealous.
I suppose I can console myself with the thought that I had plenty of water during the year when my southern compatriots were wearing stillsuits and ringing out teabags for what little moisture they contained.

Only another four months to go.... 😖

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 11/11/2022 11:58  

So pleased to hear that it's not just me Steve 😉

I'm going stir crazy... Weather has been somewhat inclement and the gusty wind is fierce. 😟

Even my old jalopy of a car doesn't want to go anywhere, he keeps say "Nah, it ain't gonna 'appen".

If the white stuff falls I think I'm gonna get a couple of huskies and a sled!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/11/2022 19:02  

Just had the mildest November night in history, what's all the fuss about 🤔

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 11/11/2022 19:38  

Bring on the white stuff Lindsay, I love walking in snow 😁

Dear Strom. You utter b*****d. Regards

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 11/11/2022 19:48  

LMAO @Steve_H 🤣😂🤣🤣 i have to agree...cheers Strom😲

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/11/2022 19:52  

Don't hold back Steve... 😂 😂

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 11/11/2022 21:15  

I've just put new Michelin Cross Climate 2s on my car ready for winter... When we get a quarter of an inch of slush I'll be ready👍

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 11/11/2022 21:29  

Good tyres them all season jobbies.
The only time I ever had to abandon the car was during the Beast From The East when the snow was deeper than my little Suzuki's ground clearance, but not even the farm tractors where going up my road then so it wasn't a mark of disgrace 😆

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/11/2022 07:16  

Well I go to work on the bike every day even if it's persisting. So yes Im being spoilt at the min but I know it wont last much longer. Have you considered the Yamaha Jet Ski range? Runs away laughing

Update Reply
JP @ 12/11/2022 09:56  

We've had a couple of days this month featuring gale force gusts and some soggy rides to and from work,but no biggie....Steve,what you need is a large cider gut,and a bike as heavy as Ruby Guzzi,works for me...it's not even cold enough to put her screen back on yet..!!🤣😅😂

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 15/11/2022 19:14  

I laughed when I first saw your post JP, but looking out of the window today it doesn't seem such a daft idea.
There is as much water as grass, the sheep are wearing rubber rings and the cows are getting fitted with snorkels.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/11/2022 21:18  

Sunshine at last, so it would be rude not to take advantage of it.
Big10 taken out for a good scamper round the hills, now I just need to clean him up before putting him into hibernation for the winter.
Night, night Big10

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 25/11/2022 18:37  

Now Verity is MOT'd and running well,it's her to carry me through most of the salty road days until spring....i think she'll be getting an oil and filter change for Xmas...bless..🏍😍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 28/11/2022 09:40  

I can feel the Verity love from here Jinx 🥰
In going to keep Scootie on the road through winter. She/he * needs ACF50'ing, ironically scooters are so wrapped up in plastic it's hard to get at the metal bits with the spray 🙂
* Scootie is gender fluid but identifies as a motorcycle 🙃

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 28/11/2022 18:12  

🌈 Go Scootie! 🛵👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/11/2022 18:46  

Well...i actually got my REAL winter gloves out today..Richa ones i bought years ago,but not because it's that cold...my (nearly) waterproof Summer gloves were still wet from two days of foggy weather..bring on the frosty bits :)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 30/11/2022 10:06  

And yes,i know i have more hair and blubber than some to help me avoid hibernation,ta very much...😅🤣😂

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 30/11/2022 10:07  

Freezing fog on the menu again today..0° when i left this morning,-1° by the time i got to work...chinbar and visor bottom both frozen solid,and knuckle guards on gloves...not too bad,at least the roads were dry-ish..😁👍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 02/12/2022 17:48  

And yesterday it was freezing rain, everything covered covered in about 5mm of solid ice - thankfully I didn't have to go anywhere cos I couldn't.
It was funny watching the dog trying to go out for a late night wee 😅

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 19/12/2022 06:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email