MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Do you guys record your rides?

Do you guys record your rides? - Forums [Biker Match] Do you guys record your rides? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Do you guys record your rides?

Ever since I got my licence I always run a GoPro 4 on my helmet, both for insurance purposes and to get anything interesting that happens on camera. I've got a whole collection now of entertaining clips which I look back on every now and then and get a smile. I was just curious how many of you guys do the same? And if so what's the best setup you have found? It's very seldom I see another biker in my area let alone one that runs a camera too so haven't had the opportunity to ask anyone...

Update Reply
RideTheLightning @ 24/10/2022 11:46  

I keep a spreadsheet of all my rides; distances and where I went, who with, which doubles up as a record of servicing and tyre changes etc but for the rest it's just photos when stopped. Thought about cameras but don't think I'd have much interest in watching most of my rides, maybe touring holidays?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 25/10/2022 20:49  

I personally don't but know a few.
Different systems as well with pros and cons.
There's the dash cam systems like Innovv K5 etc. Benfits are they are built in with front and rear cameras and no need to worry about batteries or starting to record. Think they only record a number of small 30s clips over the ride thoufh which might be a pain if you want to watch the whole ride. Know a number of folks with them which has helped if rear ended!
Go-pros etc have great image stabilisation etc now but need to worry about batteries, no rear facing... unless you get the fancy 360°!
Watch with the mounts though, don't want to do a Michael Schumacher! 🤕
Sena 10c/50c is a neat combo of camera and comma unit. Might be a good option if you like to vlog. Heard the battery life isn't great if you constanly us it though.

Hope this helps.

Update Reply
MIF1989 @ 26/10/2022 20:56  

Very interesting, thanks guys ☺️👍

Update Reply
RideTheLightning @ 27/10/2022 11:52  

I do have camera for universal mounting(helmet or bike) but rarely use ,except for my weekday commutes..anything further,i'm too busy watching the scenery roll by,lol ""OO""

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 22/01/2023 10:53  

I had the GoPro mounted for a while but found I never really did much with the footage. Tempted to grab a less expensive one just for general insurance/ laughing at dumb drivers

Update Reply
Brinstarr @ 01/06/2023 08:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email