MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

An autumn Dent camp?

An autumn Dent camp? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] An autumn Dent camp? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

An autumn Dent camp?

Nice Beer Googles Wills👍🏻
Suits you Sir! 😉

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 22/09/2022 23:24  

I'm away cycling in Majorca 11th to the 18th October

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/09/2022 08:11  

Sorry I've not planned anything definite yet, but there are a few things 'up in the air' here and until I know what's what I can't plan out.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 23/09/2022 17:29  

Sorry folks but I'm having to pull the plug on this for now for personal reasons, it's all to do with a crashed bike (not mine), a broken leg (again not mine) and a dog that I'm looking after for a while.

I might rearrange it for sometime next year, most likely autum so it doesn't clash with Easter or any of the spring/summer BM things that will be in the pipeline.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 28/09/2022 07:17  

Does anyone still fancy this?

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 29/09/2022 19:19  

Oddly enough I do, but can't guarantee I'll actually be able to turn up! An event organiser has to turn up otherwise they are just a promoter (the lowest form of life this side* of Westminster).
If you pick a date Goose let me know.

* Google corrected "this side" to "thus diddling", perhaps it was the word Westminster that caused it 🤣

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 29/09/2022 19:46  

Is electric hook-up available in the field we usually use?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 30/09/2022 22:35  

We were there in August Izzy and it was available around the perimeter of the big field.It was nice to meet Margaret again....her usual affable self.The Sun Inn was no longer serving food and the George and Dragon had a very limited menu and even more limited serving times.The cafe had greatly reduced hours too,it closed at 4pm.Margaret has opened a tea shop in the old building that houses the Dent museum....ok for butties and snacks.

Update Reply
Triple955 @ 01/10/2022 13:59  

Steve, can your good lady wife not look after the motorbike wrecking, broken legged dog?
I am thinking the last weekend in October, weather permitting.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 01/10/2022 20:04  

Hopefully I'll be ok for that.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/10/2022 17:30  

Fancy it but not to camp will there be anywhere open to stay at

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 02/10/2022 20:43  

Couple if cow byres, a graveyard, possibly a park-bench, loads of options Bill. There are even a couple of pubs if you want.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/10/2022 20:48  

Car front passenger seat with sleeping bag 😃😂

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 02/10/2022 22:18  

Well i could sleep in the car Mick but i can't get it on the back of the bike to get it there, and as for barns graveyards and park benches I've slept in all of those, maybe the pub is a good idea 🤔

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 04/10/2022 13:24  

We've stayed in the George & Dragon before. The rooms were fine as was the breakfast, it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't silly money either for the two of us.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 04/10/2022 19:23  

---------------------------------------------------

Quote:
... The Sun Inn was no longer serving food and the George and Dragon had a very limited menu and even more limited serving times.The cafe had greatly reduced hours too,it closed at 4pm.

This puts me off more than anything. Couple years ago Dan and I called in on a BM weekend and would have stayed a night in a pub, but the George had a wedding on and no spare rooms or non-wedding food/drink, and while the Sun had a room we couldn't get fed that night! We drove back to Scotland.
Campsite could do way worse than providing a small campers kitchen/lounge coz we really need a place to hang out.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 04/10/2022 20:51  

weather report says NO!!

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 24/10/2022 19:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email