MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Decisions?

Decisions? - Forums [Biker Match] Decisions? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Decisions?

Hi folks, I currently have a yamaha MT07 (awesome and fun bike), but am looking into getting something bigger.
My heart was set on the MT09SP, but friends have suggested the Ninja 1000sx for comfort. Or maybe the suzuki gt 1000.
Do any of you have views on this?
(I won't be doing track days or trying to hit top speed.)

Update Reply
Jarrod @ 21/05/2022 11:22  

Test ride them before making your mind up

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 21/05/2022 13:26  

Although getting a test on the Suzi could be tricky.. They're like rocking horse doo doo apparently 🤔

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 21/05/2022 15:18  

Have a good look and sit on them. Test ride if you can however, some dealers can be bit funny unless you are going to buy 🤦🏼‍♀️ Also perhaps something to think about is the weight ? especially if you have an incline on the drive or into the garage or this maybe just us woman that think about the weight 😂 You will know what’s right for you though once you start sitting and looking closely 👍👍

Update Reply
Kwakgirl123 @ 21/05/2022 17:36  

Any of them will give you a significant performance boost Jarrod, but they are all heavier too so might not have the same agility as you are used too. The extra cash also buys better suspension which you will appreciate.

First thing is to go and have a good sit on each of them to see if you fit on them. Don't rush that, there is nowt worse than buying a bike and then having to start changing bars, footpegs etc too make them comfortable.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/05/2022 18:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email