MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Event Photo' Tagging

Event Photo' Tagging - Forums [Biker Match] Event Photo' Tagging - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Event Photo' Tagging

Hi all if you're in a GROUP photo, and you tag yourself, would you make sure the tag doesn't cover your face, or anyone else's, please? I know it may be more difficult on a group pic but it kinda defeats the object if you put the tag across a face lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/02/2008 21:21  

Lol, I noticed that one too Kwak! Poor Nutkin was blanked out!! Tagged myself by my feet!! I also noticed that the tags were present on the pictures that that person wasn't on too... Perhaps the tagging system needs a rethink where you can tag yourself to add the pic to your profile, but doesn't leave your name there.....?? Just a thought...??

Update Reply
FlameRed @ 25/02/2008 05:50  

the tag idea is a good one,but does it have to be so big,would be good if you could do a arrow pointing at the persons head with name across it lol

Update Reply
katydevil @ 25/02/2008 07:12  

I reckon it would be easier if we could add text to our pics as we load them, that way everyone knows WHO is WHO. Folk being able to add names of members, that they don't know the name of, as and when they find out who they are, would be helpful too. That was a bit muddled but ya know what I mean lol I only tagged my pic so folk would know who I am, newbies I mean, but I don't want my pic to be attached to my profile as well. When names are tagged on pics that aren't of that person it's down to a senstive mouse lol. I tagged someone else with my name cos my mouse has a habit of repeating itself so when I clicked the pic in the index it double clicked as the page changed and hey presto I became someone else lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/02/2008 09:34  

u can delete your own tags, and only u can add them - theres no fault with the system as far as i know, but if you give me a link I will gladly look into it for you. Regarding the suggestions - it was hard enough for people to grasp the basic idea of tagging as it is now... I can't possibly consider making it any more confusing. Your profile is to display YOUR pics, not a collection of your favourites. Adding pics to your profile but not putting your name on the photo isnt gonna happen (Imagine how crappy the interface would have to look? You click to add your name and you get a thousand questions about how/where/if you want your name, if you want it in your profile etc). Adding other people's names isn't possible as this would add it to their profile which they may not want. There's too much room for user-error, mistyping, etc. Having selection boxes would be too much clutter. You have to remember that the site is a bikers one, and not a computer-weekly site. Most people have great difficulty just uploading a photo - I know because I get the emails! I try to make everything straight forward, but even photo tagging was confusing for a lot of people. It's simple now - upload a photo and click yourself, then everyone clicks on themselves - easy peasy. Tags over people's faces will be deleted by myself or Kwak and the member will be PMd asking to re-add the tag. When at events, just offer a gentle reminder to everyone that they should tag themselves.

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/02/2008 14:46  

i am tagged matt,the coppers did it pmsl

Update Reply
katydevil @ 25/02/2008 15:21  

I didn't seem to have any problems tagging myself cos when I was on somebody else it didn't show up that I could tag then, although did misjudge and wiped me own face out but it was easy to sort!! Mazza

Update Reply
Mazza @ 25/02/2008 17:31  

When you tag your name on a photo, it automatically pops up on your profile, thats what I meant Matt, not just adding loads of random pictures.

Update Reply
FlameRed @ 25/02/2008 17:44  

There are over 70 photos in the Matlock Bath (2nd March) event considering the amount of time it takes for a thumbnail pic to open to its enlarged version I can see tagging not getting done. It just takes too long to wait for the pics to re-load. As I said previously, I won't tag a photo of myself cos I don't necessarily want the pic on my profile. Can you imagine how many pics our profile would end up having if we tag every photo we are in? Some of us attend a lot of the events, so that's going to make the profile pics take longer to load too.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/03/2008 08:38  

Maybe we should have an 'Official BM Photographer' , or a nominated person at each event to take the photos for the Events page? This would keep down the amount of photos posted. Although it's good to see so many pics from different people and some impromptu ones can be the best of all. Obviously people can still take their own pics and swap/email them with each other. Just a thought

Update Reply
Karey @ 05/03/2008 08:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email