MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Fake profiles

Fake profiles - Forums [Biker Match] Fake profiles - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Fake profiles

Scammers usually get picked up and deleted very quickly.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/10/2021 18:26  

Slightly OTT me thinks Robd, its obvious that you are not involved in the group. Could you give reasons for your statement as to my knowledge once you have paid the fees no extra money is asked for. I have been on other so called biker sites and agree that they give you the bounce round directing you to other sites in order to collect money from you. As I've said please give your valid reasons or wind your neck in.

Update Reply
Stokeypan man @ 15/10/2021 18:32  

Not sure if your comment was aimed at Lindsay but if so, it is totally out of order. Lindsay works hard to keep the site active and openly welcome new members. She has been a member long enough to know what she is talking about and is a fount of useful knowledge.

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 13/11/2021 13:36  

Calm down Tiger

Nobody was having a pop at Lindsay, If the original poster hadn't deleted their post and their profile it would make a lot more sense.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 13/11/2021 15:45  

As if our moderators did not do have to do enough for free already now people are admitting to putting up duplicate profiles to avoid paying less than 50 pence a week subs for messages... Brilliant 🙄

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 13/11/2021 21:44  

not fake as clearly as same info as original profile and almost the same name, and i said it was me in the comments next to the original post
so if going to whine like a baby, get facts correct

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
As if our moderators did not do have to do enough for free already now people are admitting to putting up fake/duplicate profiles to avoid paying less than 50 pence a week subs for messages... Brillia...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2021 21:49  

and if moderators want to get rice they should make all members pay or if allowing free messages to be sent then stop whining.

there are 41 members under 60yrs old within 35miles of me - why the fuck would i pay to talk to anyone on the coast, london or scotland when i have no interest in a long distance 'anything'

Quote:
As if our moderators did not do have to do enough for free already now people are admitting to putting up fake/duplicate profiles to avoid paying less than 50 pence a week subs for messages... Brillia...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2021 21:52  

in the 12 months i have needed more than 5 messages, in one day, ONCE and that was last friday when i needed to check on a bike meet up

so again, why do i need full membership

Quote:

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2021 21:55  

Wow... Iam impressed... Cracks me up when people make a second profile just to not have to pay a few lousy pence. I thought this was a community... Reaping the perks but not putting in the pot. If you dont want to sub a whole year, there are options for very short periods for the price of a cup of coffee.... I hope you're happy to pay to attend the Hallowistmas party.....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 13/11/2021 22:23  

party is members only, as far as i saw no option to pay for he night

and in what context is it a community? have you seen the many forum topics with less than a handful of comments, dumb word games are the only real interest. that is not a community

I have a bike, i have a pillion seat, i offer to go on rides, i post about rides, i offer a pillion seat, i offer 2 bikes for sale, i offered topics of conversation, ignored obviously, that is what i use it for the same as 90% of the other members

Quote:
Wow... Iam impressed... Cracks me up when people make a second profile just to not have to pay a few lousy pence. I thought this was a community... Reaping the perks but not putting in the pot. If you...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2021 22:41  

Free for full members only

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 13/11/2021 22:44  

correct, no mention of a fee for non members... so members and guests only

Quote:
Free for full members only...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2021 23:04  

I can't even remember what the initial post on this thread was 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️. Other than it obviously related to issues surrounding 'fake profiles'.

I responded as a member who, if I notice possible 'dodgy profiles', takes the necessary steps to report them to a Moderator.

These profiles tend to come in several flurries throughout the year and are usually very easy to spot.

Please Note: I am NOT a Moderator, nor do I claim to be. If I can answer a question, I will do so. I also point folk in the direction of the Mods if I don't know the answer.

My only comment on what has been posted overnight, "you get out, what you put in".
Thanks for the kind words SusiPop 👍🏻. The hours I've sat at Squires, and further afield, to meet new and old members seem endless but worth it. The silly comments, jokes, general banter and friendships made were well worth getting sun-burn and drenched to the skin on occasions!

I'm sure there are many other members out there that do the same to welcome others onboard.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/11/2021 07:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email