MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Multistrada fuel sender

Multistrada fuel sender - Forums [Biker Match] Multistrada fuel sender - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Multistrada fuel sender

Hi all,
I've a 2015 Ducati Multistrada 2015 S DVT and the fuel gauge has been intermittent, and now it's constantly showing as empty even when I've filled it up.

Looking online it's apparently the fuel sender (?) which is a common fault - I've a quote for it being replaced as £80 for the part and £110 labour. Is this reasonable?

Thanks, B

Update Reply
bruja @ 26/07/2021 08:22  

The £80 for the sender feels neither here nor there. I'm sure some would complain that, being more than 50p, it's too much. But hey, I let those people argue with parking metres... The £110 labour is a bit more meh - not owning that bike, I don't know if it's a half hour job or two hour job. But you could be doing far worse than £190 for the job.

All in all, if it was me, I would be annoyed but still see it as somewhat reasonable.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/07/2021 10:46  

You could just do what we did for years dont look at it. You should have a rough idea what you get to the tank then just set the trip when you fill up

Update Reply
JP @ 26/07/2021 11:03  

If you want a working fuel gauge and you can't replace it yourself (not everyone can) then that's a reasonable price.

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 26/07/2021 17:32  

Genuine Ducati Multistrada tank sender units are £129.60 so £80 is reasonable cheap as my lad works for Ducati and yes they are a common fault as he says he's replaced hundreds of them!

Update Reply
Roughrider02 @ 26/07/2021 19:39  

Thanks everyone x

Update Reply
bruja @ 29/07/2021 09:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email