MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Squires camping weekend ?

Squires camping weekend ? - Forums [Biker Match] Squires camping weekend ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Squires camping weekend ?

Hi i was wondering how many people would be interested in a camping weekend in yorkshire ?
I was thinking squires as there's food music a pub , camping , as well as a great biker outlet shop !

Let me know what you think and i can arrange things if enough people are interested ...

Update Reply
Philswanz @ 08/07/2021 15:58  

Not sure I could handle the distance, think I'd have to have an overnight stop halfway. Might be up for otherwise though, work allowing.

Update Reply
Double six @ 08/07/2021 16:56  

date dependant not sure about the food.

Update Reply
JP @ 08/07/2021 17:02  

The shop (SpeedStyle) had very little in stock the last time I was up there.

This is the 'latest' (May) info from Squires website

17-5-21 - We are currently operating under Government guidelines which allows us to welcome customers back inside the cafe. This is for table service only until the restrictions are further relaxed later in the year.

For queries please email on info@squires-cafe.co.uk

They were doing a fair trade when I was up there but I didn't go inside so I can't comment on food.

Good luck with organising something Philswanz.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/07/2021 19:07  

Squires does have a good camping ground and a bar, but I can't remember the food being good.
For posing and looking at the bikes it's usually pretty damn good, but the riding is kinda shite in the vicinity.
I might be tempted for a bimble down all the same.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/07/2021 19:54  

Getting out towards Harewood/Otley doesn't take very long, keep off A roads as much as possible. Could go out towards Pateley Bridge via Norwood, Sun Inn is usually a good for food, some nice cafés or excellent Apple & Pork pies from the butchers! Doing a loop of Yorkshire Dales. Back via A59 cafe

Or heading out towards the East Coast, there's Seaways or the café in the woods. Up to Whitby, Sandsend and back over NY Moors via Helmsley or Goathland/Chimney Bank

Sorry that you have such a low opinion of the roads down here Steve

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/07/2021 20:45  

I know the area quite well Lindsey, unfortunately Squires is an oasis of boring roads in an otherwise good area - although to be fair most things starting with B12 are worth a look, and those ending in 57 and 48 are utterly bonkers.
It's a bit like the Peak District, good in theory but actually rubbish due to the amount of traffic.
That's just me though being a grumpy old twat, lots of folks love these places. I'm only really happy if the next 10 miles and going to be largely traffic free.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/07/2021 21:15  

I was there last weekend thought it quite good ... speed style was full of bargains the food was ok too.
granted the roads were a little boring and in a terrible state but im told its better down towards the coast as for dates i guess people could let me know what suits ... was just a thought and a chance to meet our more northern members .

Update Reply
Philswanz @ 08/07/2021 22:36  

I'm about 8mins drive away from Squires (give or take 3mins!) and have to agree the approach and exit to the roundabout at the top of The Great North Road is absolutely disgusting in a car, let alone on a bike. I often wonder how those potholes and cracks haven't caused major accidents for bikers.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/07/2021 23:12  

They are shocking ! Have been told the road to the coast is much better ...?

Update Reply
Philswanz @ 08/07/2021 23:46  

Got food poison there

Update Reply
havfun @ 09/07/2021 06:37  

I must admit, I can't eat the carvery there, adverse effects very quickly. 🤪 know lots of folk that will go for Sunday Roast and enjoy it.

I stopped eating there for a while because of my 'issue' but in 2019 I braved chip butty as well as beef & onion sarnie with no problems. 👍🏻👍🏻

2021 - The ice-cream window doesnt cause any issues at all 😂😂

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/07/2021 10:04  

A few of us BMers were sat discussing this forum post today at Squires while tucking into our food sat on the benches in the sunshine 😊 I live less than 10 minutes away, go there a couple of times a week and eat. It's a cheap biker cafe, if anyone wants posh food all you have to do is go somewhere expensive and you might get it 😏😁

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2021 17:59  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
a chance to meet our more northern members

I resemble that remark! You could've come to Scotland this weekend, Squires is hardly "northern" to me, lol

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 11/07/2021 19:20  

Got to admit the roads are crap especially if coming from the west or south but ok for me 🤔

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 12/07/2021 02:30  

If there are enough people interested i will make some inquiries .i will have to have a look at dates as there's a few things coming up i know fink has one planned for september and there's the barmouth camp too ....

Update Reply
Philswanz @ 12/07/2021 14:15  

If it helps for someone to put some dates out there I can do August 7-8 and Sept 18-19

Update Reply
Winchester @ 12/07/2021 22:18  

It's probably going to be no more confusing to have a load of dates thrown into the mix.

Just avoid weekend of 5th - 7th Aug as it's The Yorkshire Rock & Bike Show (unless, of course, you want to go to it.) Update 14.07.21: **Ignore this as it has been CANCELLED**

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 13/07/2021 08:07  

Think the rock un bike has been cancelled

Update Reply
JP @ 14/07/2021 03:28  

Thanks for info JP. Just spoken to Dave at Squires it was cancelled last night 😯 Sorry for any confusion caused folks!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/07/2021 09:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email