MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

don't order from Louis-moto

don't order from Louis-moto - Forums [Biker Match] don't order from Louis-moto - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

don't order from Louis-moto

About a month ago I ordered an expensive armored hoodie from Louis Motorcycle shop (https://www.louis-moto.co.uk/) who offered fast delivery. Well right now they sitting on my money, the package is lost, DHL is saying it takes a month to investigate, the shop says they won't refund me until they have the hoodie back. Absolutely unacceptable, they stole my money at this point, any time I ask for a refund they just ignore it, and they think it's okay that I have to wait months for something. Anybody has any idea how can I get my money back?
Also, don't order from this shop!!!

Update Reply
Davina @ 25/06/2021 08:23  

I would say the problem is with DHL and not Louis Motorcycle shop.

It's DHL that hasn't done their part and the shop only has your word that it wasn't received until DHL have done their investigation.

However if you have paid via paypal or credit card they may be able to help.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 25/06/2021 10:48  

they have more than my word because DHL website shows it's in the depot and has not been delivered yet, I tried to get my money from DHL but because I am not the sender only louis motor can ask for money back, hence they need to refund me
anyway you have 30 days money-back guarantee so they should honor their word and its the least they give the money back

Update Reply
Davina @ 25/06/2021 11:10  

Sounds like a brexit balls up as they are in Hamburg! We are having probs getting/sending to Germany at work at the mo. Your contract is with louis moto so dhl wont refund you but if you phone them and good luck with that ask to speak to a supervisor, that helps. Louis moto absolutely should refund you as they have broken their contract with you. We are finding these things get kicked around the depot for ages then get released eventually but thats no use to you.

Update Reply
KTMPhil61 @ 25/06/2021 11:57  

Phone your bank they should refund you straight away and they investigate with the company
You’ll get your money back 😊😊

Update Reply
Limeninja0121 @ 25/06/2021 12:12  

Sounds more like a Brexit-related problem. Wait 'til it arrives and you have to pay import duty.......
This is the new reality.

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 25/06/2021 21:25  

End of the day you paid for an item that hasnt arrived so contract broken. Citizens advice should be able to help you

Update Reply
JP @ 26/06/2021 08:41  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
End of the day you paid for an item that hasnt arrived so contract broken. Citizens advice should be able to help you...

Sadly it won't, I believe the company is German, we are no longer EU members and aren't directly covered. You could most likely raise it with with their version of trading standards, that's unlikely to be simple or quick especially since post Brexit. In UK law the responsibility for loss and refund sits with the seller not the courier, the seller contacted the courier it's their responsibility to deal with them not yours. Under UK law the seller has broken the contact with you as you rightly point out, they refund you and they claim off the courier.

Update Reply
XR69 @ 27/05/2022 10:50  

it also depends on how you paid, if you use paypal then there is a claim routine but its slow but does work, if you used a credit card and it was more that £100 then a section 75 applies and you can claim against the card issuer

Update Reply
rocker21 @ 27/05/2022 11:10  

Did you pay by credit or debit card?

If it was credit card, contact your bank. There is usually a period of grace, for refunds to be made, but once that period has passed they will make every effort to get the money back for you. Was there any T&C's on the website, check before you call the bank. If there is anything relating to refunds/etc provided you have proof that you have correspondence between yourself and the provider you should be ok.

I'm in the midst of a refund claim for £400. Its the first time I've ever used a credit card and I'm so pleased I did. The bank have credited £400 in to my account, and the refund will be put in to my account once the issue is resolved. They will then take out the £400 they put in. (Paper trail, so that it's not seen as dodgy, I believe)

I'm not sure how it works with a debit card.🤔

Good Luck!

* Think I've said pretty much the same as Limeninja0121

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 27/05/2022 12:20  

Original post is a year old, would have been nice to have had an update on final outcome.

I've ordered a jacket (not Louis-Moto) from USA for delivery to Canada where, if it gets there in time, a work colleague will bring back here for me.
The order has been confirmed and they'll let me know when it's posted - I want it feckin' posted YESTERDAY coz ma pal will be packing her bags this time next week and delivery is showing as estimated 09-17 June!! If I don't have shipping confirmed by Monday I'm gonna have to cancel and think about re-ordering for UK delivery and fork out over $50 more.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 27/05/2022 13:32  

I ordered boots from them last week they came yesterday, communication with them was fab they sent me tracking information and emails absolutely no problem fast easy transaction.

Update Reply
Les52 @ 27/05/2022 13:53  

There will be indemnity insurance between Louis-Moto and DHL but you will have to wait for it to be investigated and go through 'due process'. You will eventually get your money back or a replacement. I agree with everyone else, it depends on how you paid as to whether you claim from the bank etc.

Good luck 👍

Update Reply
Rebel Belle @ 27/05/2022 17:11  

DOH! 🤦🏼‍♀️. I never even thought to check the date 🤭

Good job the izz-ster is on the ball 👍🏻🙄

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 27/05/2022 19:26  

I had a similar experience with those sharks at speedscene at squires ordered a rad cover for R1 one came totally wrong sent it back to replace it ,they said they havent recieved it . fools it was recorded delivery signed !
Rang and Rang and rang sorry the internet sales person isnt here etc etc months later turned up at shop same again the internet sales person isnt here said aint going nowhere till its sorted .
manager or whatever came to me told him what had happened he said there was a box of returned grills i went through a big box of them mine was the last one in the box so i left with cash in my pocket dont buy sod all from them

Update Reply
dennyboo @ 04/07/2022 14:52  

The guy at Speedstyle, has always been fair, honest and helpful whenever I've dealt with him. Nothing has ever been too much trouble and he has always been very polite and courteous.

I wouldn't hesitate to go back there.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 05/07/2022 17:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email