MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Why are mirrors on modern bikes so crap?

Why are mirrors on modern bikes so crap? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Why are mirrors on modern bikes so crap? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Why are mirrors on modern bikes so crap?

Are you proposing the power of telekenesis??😨
If so,what would happen if you put an eye patch over your right eye......would the left mirror loosen instead?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/06/2021 17:38  

Don't be silly Jinx!
You're still using the right mirror more than left mirror, but now with 50% the previous use. So you double the interval between tightening 😁😁😁

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 11/06/2021 18:15  

But riding in France,the opposite would be true...thus negating the need for tightening at all...ah mèrde...💩💩

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/06/2021 23:49  

The only thing is with thread lock (which is a good idea) is that I have to move the mirrors to get my bike round the back of JP's, they get stuck along with the gear and clutch levers, I need to put some risers on to get past the gas box, it's an on-going problem 😑

Update Reply
Fink @ 13/06/2021 06:37  

I have a similar problem with the gate at the side of my house,leading into the back garden.
Verity requires a wiggle to clear through,Rudolph ditto..Marilyn's ample proportions(and fairing) mean mirrors folded flat against screen,plus her nipple - like indicator pods require pinpoint accuracy lest they snag both sides at once..ouch! (Who knows,perhaps she enjoys the rough treatment i inflict upon her generous curves??)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/06/2021 08:14  

If you look in the mirrors cross-eyed they may tighten themselves instead or at the very least confuse both as to which one your using and therefore negate the need to get spanners out. 🤔

Update Reply
Dove @ 13/06/2021 09:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email