MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Why are mirrors on modern bikes so crap?

Why are mirrors on modern bikes so crap? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Why are mirrors on modern bikes so crap? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Why are mirrors on modern bikes so crap?

Are you proposing the power of telekenesis??😨
If so,what would happen if you put an eye patch over your right eye......would the left mirror loosen instead?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/06/2021 17:38  

Don't be silly Jinx!
You're still using the right mirror more than left mirror, but now with 50% the previous use. So you double the interval between tightening 😁😁😁

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 11/06/2021 18:15  

But riding in France,the opposite would be true...thus negating the need for tightening at all...ah mèrde...💩💩

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/06/2021 23:49  

The only thing is with thread lock (which is a good idea) is that I have to move the mirrors to get my bike round the back of JP's, they get stuck along with the gear and clutch levers, I need to put some risers on to get past the gas box, it's an on-going problem 😑

Update Reply
Fink @ 13/06/2021 06:37  

I have a similar problem with the gate at the side of my house,leading into the back garden.
Verity requires a wiggle to clear through,Rudolph ditto..Marilyn's ample proportions(and fairing) mean mirrors folded flat against screen,plus her nipple - like indicator pods require pinpoint accuracy lest they snag both sides at once..ouch! (Who knows,perhaps she enjoys the rough treatment i inflict upon her generous curves??)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/06/2021 08:14  

If you look in the mirrors cross-eyed they may tighten themselves instead or at the very least confuse both as to which one your using and therefore negate the need to get spanners out. 🤔

Update Reply
Dove @ 13/06/2021 09:48  

Well mine are reasonable ok on the Fireblade and i don't need any risers

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 10/10/2021 20:50  

better to know when you have a audi driver up your back side ? ,

Update Reply
baxi @ 16/10/2021 10:14  

Ditto BMW, although it's not easy to see what they are when they are touching (almost🙄) your back wheel.... I find a big right handful makes them look much smaller 🤣🤣🤣

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 19/10/2021 08:18  

Well so much for me saying my mirrors were perfect!!! Running an errand this morning & me right mirror fell off it’s stalk !!! ☹️

Update Reply
Malc1 @ 06/11/2021 18:18  

Wtf are mirrors? Mine don't have any. Come to think, indicators missing too.🤣

Update Reply
Shinysideupish @ 04/12/2021 03:02  

Lets hope you don't get blindsided by the national plague of AAD (Asshole Audi Drivers) then..good luck chap!!👍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 04/12/2021 08:24  

No indicators? I hope you give clear hand signals..... especially to Audi drivers🤣🤣🤣

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 04/12/2021 23:35  

I did watch a guy in America that has been making camera rear view mirrors for bikes. Sadly not shipping to the UK as yet, he does show how he maid them on youtube.
As for the mirrors on my GSXR I can't see past my shoulder nor arms. I have to sit a little to the side to check over my shoulder. That extension looks worth a try. Make my bike look like my large ears. 😁

Update Reply
Ali52 @ 01/02/2022 00:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email