MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Can you survive a camping weekend without WiFi?

Can you survive a camping weekend without WiFi? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Can you survive a camping weekend without WiFi? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Can you survive a camping weekend without WiFi?

As I don't feel the need to check my phone every 5 minutes then yes, I can live without WiFi

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 19/05/2021 18:09  

I couldn't even survive a camping weekend never mind one without WiFi 😂😂

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 19/05/2021 18:17  

errrrrrrrrrr no

Update Reply
kaycat @ 19/05/2021 19:28  

Aww c'mon KC, you know you'd love it really! 😉

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/05/2021 09:50  

Izzy anymore news on this one yet ?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/05/2021 09:52  

Wifi free sound ideal...the internet is no friend of mine..plus if I want to look at a screen I dont need to go anywhere..lol..🙂

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/05/2021 23:13  

I totally agree. I guess some of us like to get away from it all while others want to bring it all with them 🤔

Update Reply
Winchester @ 22/05/2021 05:47  

No WiFi or phone coverage is fine by me, chances are there will be a connection in the local pub.
There is a local pub isn't there?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 22/05/2021 16:26  

Can ye no read Steve? No local hostelry, you'll need to bring in your favourite tipple.
Linz, and everyone, does 2nd weekend in July (9-11th) suit? I'll check if the site requires booking.
If you're interested, bear in mind it's an extra 80-ish miles (1.5 hours) from Gretna but still better than having to get up past Loch Lomond!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 23/05/2021 19:00  

I will endeavour to get my jollies booked Fri 9th - Mon 12th Izzy. Sounds like a cracking time is on the cards👍🏻😁 (Monday for recovery 😲)

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 23/05/2021 21:34  

W-w-what?? NO PUB? I can feel a panic attack coming on.
Ooo alright them, I'll bring me own beers and other victuals.
9th to 11th July is fine with me.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/05/2021 12:53  

Me names down and rhe camp emailed. Thanks for sorting it Izzy.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/05/2021 17:32  

Pitch booked! 😁.
Face on Events Calendar👍🏻
Looking forward to it - Thanks for organising Izzy. 😊

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/05/2021 18:24  

Well folks I have only just been given a modern mobile phone with internet access so even used a normal little pay as you go phone for years running my business without any trouble and it stays charged up for two weeks. Get really cheesed off when chatting to somebody and their phone goes off and they cut me off dead whilst on the damm phone. Find it extremely rude and love places where the phone signal does not work. Once high up in the Rockies in winter there was a chap ordering Pizza nearly 12,000 ft up so that his order would be ready a couple of hours later in the town below. Could not even get away from the things up in the mountains. Humans have managed for a few thousand years to date without them. Moan over. Happy with fresh cold water and a basin to wash in.

Update Reply
Twinhead @ 25/05/2021 15:03  

I'll see you all next year by using this thread as an announcement and example.

Now the authorities have locked us down again in Kirklees West Yorkshire.

Hope you all have a great summer 👍☹️😡

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 25/05/2021 16:10  

Oh gawd NO!🤬😶😲. Please tell me you're joking YM. 🙏

I've booked a table for lunch at Jem Speed on Bank Holiday Monday! Grrrrr! *Stomps off*

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/05/2021 17:41  

Apparently it's only advisory at the moment. Enforcement is another question?

The rules were released, without any clarity or transparency on Friday, with local authorities and people finding out much later. Apparently second hand from journalists and not from a government statement. Crazy man ☹️

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/kirklees-border-lines-you-should-20669971

So confusion reigns and what kind of restriction is unknown. This as been implemented in other areas too in the UK and is connected to the Indian variant. It's so 😡😡 because we/I have conformed to past restrictions and like myself have sacrificed and have had their vaccine too. Thinking that things were seemingly lifting, with the government's roadmap and that things were going to get better and open up more. Now this 😡

Don't mean to be a killjoy Lindsay, but I would double check with Jem Speed first just incase. With a bit of luck hopefully you'll be okay, but.....🙏

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 25/05/2021 18:34  

Whats yfi

Update Reply
havfun @ 05/06/2021 20:53  

This might help clarify things:
https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 05/06/2021 21:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email