MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

A ‘Race livery’ Paint Job? ...

A ‘Race livery’ Paint Job? ... - Forums [Biker Match] A ‘Race livery’ Paint Job? ... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

A ‘Race livery’ Paint Job? ...

Hi Guys & Girls! 🙂

I’ve never posted in the forum, although I’ve lurked behind the scenes for a bit and spoke to various members during my time...

I was just wondering if I could get the priceless input of you all 👌

I have a 2017 Gsx-R 1000 and I’m fortunate enough to have a good friend who is a well known BSB mechanic and frequents the IOM TT paddocks too on the spanners.

We’ve been building my GSX-R up to be something pretty special, with some fantastic parts and support from various motorcycle part suppliers and teams.

I feel like it’s not a million miles away from being at the ‘build level’ I wanted it to get to for a ‘Race inspired’ ROAD bike..

But I’d like some ideas on a
‘Race livery’ paint job to finish it off potentially. 🤔🤷‍♂️

I’d like to still own the bike in 20+ years and be able to uncover it from my collection and feel like I’ve captured a time in my life, where I built something very cool with some truly great people.

The GSX-R currently wears the Standard Suzuki Road Fairing, which in all honesty I’m tempted to keep. Despite this being a less ‘racey’ alternative to a ‘Race Fairing’.

It’s In the Standard Suzuki Red paint scheme currently, which is more common in America I believe.
(I think about 200 ish came to the UK supposedly!)
However it’s not ‘enough’ to complete the race look of the bike and I’ve seen these red fairings available to purchase separately so that lessens it’s rarity.

Despite numerous considerations to adapt the motorcycle to a dedicated track fairing, I typically ride home from rideouts, BBQ’s, or fellow riders houses quite late in the evening from time to time, so having a headlight retained comes in handy and I possibly shouldn’t take the leap to a full race fairing just yet! 😂🙈

It’s also fun to bolt on some rear foot pegs and take a pillion out occasionally and let other people experience a motorcycle that has been ‘tweaked’ to offer an experience similar that that of a dedicated race bike.

So without further waffling...

Does anybody have some smart ideas of a cool ‘race paint’ liveries they think might suit this motorcycle?
I’m open to suggestions...
Current race paint jobs, retro paint jobs, Iconic paint jobs that are tweaked or in alternative colour schemes even potentially?

Give me your thoughts! 👍

If you’re able to post any pics as examples that would be amazing too!
👌

Thank you team and apologies if this is a ‘boring subject’ to any one else or I’ve posted it in the wrong area of the forum.

I’m located near Doncaster, and suspect I’ll give either ‘Dream Machine’ or ‘8Ball Custom paintwork’ a call to see if they are able to deliver the final rendition in real life! ✌️

Thanks for ALL input.
Tom 🙂

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2021 11:14  

A 2017 gixxer thou?

Got to be Michael Dunlop's!

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 26/04/2021 12:27  

Hi @NickEyres!

Yeah I love Dunlop’s Gsx-R thou! 👍

I’ve even got that bike up in my living room as a huge hand painted canvas that looks like a flipping Photograph until you examine it in Extreme detail.

Only think putting me off that is then the bike will be blue like every other 2017 Gixxer thou in the UK! 😂

There’s a few of those Dunlop paint job versions kicking around the UK already that were offered as ‘Special editions’ from UK bike dealerships..

So painting mine the same won’t look quite so special!

Doesn’t help that Suzuki has recently released a line of New Gixxer thou’s under the special edition category of ‘Legends’ either... 😂🤦‍♂️

If you haven’t seen them, type New Gsx-R 1000 Legend editions in google and you’ll see them.

Nods to all the famous Suzuki riders from the past...
Barry Sheena, Kevin Schwantz etc etc.

Although I must say, I’m not massively impressed with the layout of a lot of these paint jobs! 🙈
Some of them look a bit awkward, like the paint doesn’t suit the bike.

I need to learn to post pics on here!
😂🙈

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2021 16:15  

sounds like your doing a great job there mate,my input i like the rizla suzuki blue colours my self and also the JPS norton paint job in black,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2021 10:53  

@Jofknoll - Thanks for the input mate! They’re both great suggestions! Going back about 15yrs ago or so every man and his dog had a Rizzla Rep... But you don’t see them quite so much now and I can’t recall seeing a new model Gixxer thou done in that paint scheme either.
I DO love that colour and livery!
The JPS livery would look Epic too in fairness, however I hate cleaning black cars and bikes! 😂

I need to learn how to post pics up on this topic! 🙈

I was wondering if I could take some Iconic Ducati race liveries and adjust them to look just as cool, but use the Suzuki Branding instead maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2021 14:33  

Hey Tom, unfortunately we are unable to post photos on forums. However you can upload photos on to your profile. It's easier to find them if you make a named folder to stick them in. Good luck 👍🏻

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 27/04/2021 15:02  

thanks for that mate,ducati only the one mike hailwood or something up-to-date then Valentino Rossi has to be the one

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2021 18:56  

What did you decide on Tom? Any pics or is it still WiP?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 04/07/2021 18:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email