MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop

Motorcycle lift: swap for biccies!

Motorcycle lift: swap for biccies! - Forums [Biker Match] Motorcycle lift: swap for biccies! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop /

Motorcycle lift: swap for biccies!

I’ve got a lift master bike lift getting in the way (have an Abba stand coming now) if someone in the local’ish area wants it you can trade with me for two packets of milk chocolate hobnobs and two packets of Jaffa cakes. (Cheap substitutes will not be accepted!)

Best for chops/factory customs with a minimum ground clearance of 4.5-5” in old money with a 680kg max lift capacity.

I’m not sure how to pop up a photo on here so I’ll stick a stock photo off Google in me profile pics for whoever is interested.

Cheers
Stumblebum

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2021 12:23  

Hmmm, I rather fancy your bike lift but I'm in South Wales,. I'd bake you some Welsh cakes for it, but it's a long way to travel 😁

Update Reply
Fink @ 17/03/2021 19:26  

That’s a kind offer of Welsh cakes but can I dunk em in me tea?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2021 20:56  

Hmmm, yes you probably can, they are a bit like a small flat scone, but they would go very soggy. Now if you sign up for my south Wales camping weekend 4th-6th June, you may even be able to try one, that's if we're allowed to go ahead (fingers crossed)

Update Reply
Fink @ 18/03/2021 20:37  

I’ll check out the events section and see how far I am from the do, thank you.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2021 21:19  

Hey Fink!

I had a look at the event, turns out it’s only 59 miles from the Pembroke ferry to Rosslare Ireland! Looked at some bookings to hop across after the do, no bloomin sailing dates available then or the next day. 🥴 I’ll do a bit more digging.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2021 08:32  

Fink's got you TBum!
Just reeling you in....
I can see you riding to South Wales with a lift gaffa taped to your back!
🤣🤣🤣

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 19/03/2021 09:33  

🤣🤣🤣 I’ll have to knock up a single sided trailer to match the speedy 🥴

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2021 09:50  

Some people call those 'sidecars'! 🤣

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 19/03/2021 10:49  

It’s got to pivot so I can lean! 🤪 Anyway I ain’t dragging this bloomin lift up to Wales!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2021 11:54  

Yep, leaning sidecar! You can get them 😆

Update Reply
Cupid Stunt @ 19/03/2021 13:23  

Might need one for me dog, maybe an old Dnepr! 🥴

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2021 14:43  

Weren't they called sidewinders ? A couple of mates had them years ago so that they could ride RD350lc's on L plates!!

Mind you, it would take some gaffa tape to strap your bike lift on?

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 20/03/2021 05:47  

They were VStrom.
My brother was sponsored by them on a Windle TZ750

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Weren't they called sidewinders ? A couple of mates had them years ago so that they could ride RD350lc's on L plates!!

Mind you, it would take some gaffa tape to strap your bike lift on?...

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 20/03/2021 07:30  

Hey TBum you'll enjoy our camping weekend, it's not a bad ride up from where you are, and I'm sure you will find a corner in your panniers to stuff that lift , hmmm, maybe you could tow it ! 😜
Mmmm just think of the Welsh cakes

Update Reply
Fink @ 21/03/2021 18:37  

I’ll do you a better deal, if you really want the lift you and your significant other are welcome to drive down and collect it. You will then have three choices, drive back the same day, kip on my sofa bed and drive back the next day (still the same deal with biccies) and we can pop out to the Hampshire Bowman. (On or after April 12th) you will love the place. Or third option as nobody seems interested in the lift, I’ll keep hold of it until B&B’s reopen, you can both pop down and I’ll put you up in a nice little B&B in Bishops Waltham, from there it’s just a two mile walk through a little single track country lane to the Bowman where an ale or coider can be enjoyed. The price goes up though! I’ll want four packets of choccy hobnobs, four packets of Jaffa cakes and some of them there Welsh thingies!

I don’t honestly think there’s a better deal to be had.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/03/2021 19:01  

Oh my TBum, I think that is the best offer ever!! You sound like a really nice genuine guy, I think you deserve a box of biscuits just for the invite 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪
I will have a word with himself and see if he's up for a spin down, I'm sure we can arrange something. I also have to take a trip to Wiltshire at some point, maybe I can sort something out then ?

Update Reply
Fink @ 22/03/2021 06:54  

No worries, Wiltshire is just a short hop down the road. I used to live there myself for a while. And I like any excuse to take decent people to the wonderful Hampshire Bowman. The Landlord Mark said he needs all the extra trade he can get when he reopens. It’s a bit off the beaten track!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/03/2021 08:02  

Lift now gone, sorry!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2021 10:27  

Did you get nice biscuits 😊 ?

Update Reply
Fink @ 30/03/2021 21:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email