MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop

33 BHP Bike Wanted

33 BHP Bike Wanted - Forums [Biker Match] 33 BHP Bike Wanted - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop /

33 BHP Bike Wanted

Hi All Maybe a long shot here - but if anyone knows of any bikes available or soon to be available that meet this requirement could they please let me know ? Will need to be roadworthy, with MOT and Tax (MOT at very least) - apart from that price and location are considerations. make and model less so Thanks for your time reading this

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 09/02/2008 16:27  

u know u can restrict any bike dont ya? I had 1 gpz500s and 2 zzr600s that i restricted

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/02/2008 06:51  

Stuey if you find a Virago 535 and need it restricting I have just had my restrictors taken out and there sitting on the shelf in my garage, like Matt said you can restrict most bikes and you don't have to go down the road of going to a garage to have it done with paperwork which will cost you silly money, I got second hand restrictors after emailing every centre in the VSOC and then just had them put in and a dyno reading done to prove the BHP insurance were happy with that. Saving me at least £70

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 10/02/2008 06:58  

Cheers both Bike is for my 17 year old and will be his first bike - so a restricted bigger bike isn't favourite in my book I just think it may be cheaper in the long run to put him on one of these intensive courses and straight onto a slightly bigger bike Don't know if anyone has any views on that ?

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 10/02/2008 07:04  

Stuey at 17 I think there are a lot of restrictions regards what a person of that age can ride, so its not like your or I doing either a 125 test then riding a bigger bike restricted for two years or like us doing a DAS and going straight onto a bigger bike. Think it may be worth you checking out the DSA website and seeing what he can and can't ride. Sorry if you have already looked at this site http://www.dsa.gov.uk/Bikes.asp

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 10/02/2008 07:12  

My thought was that if he passes a normal 125 test at 17 then he will be subject to the 33BHP restriction - but that may remain in force past the usual 2 year limit until he's 21 Again - if anyone has any recent experience of this, all input is most appreciated

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 10/02/2008 07:30  

ive just been through it all. Passed my test on a 125 at 17, had to have restricted bikes for 2 years. Then after 2 years can take them out without doing further tests. Direct Access isnt available until he's 21, and to be honest i think the 125 test/33bhp restriction is the best option. It did me a world of good and gave me chance to learn without the expensive mistakes. A friend of mine did direct access and got a fireblade - broke her arm within a day.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/02/2008 07:23  

Bloody Hell how things change What was wrong with Part 1 and Part 2

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 12/02/2008 17:08  

Tell me about it I did Bronze Star Rider - got me through old part one for not too many Denarii And then took part 2 when I had to before the 2 year limit run out Guess you can still do it that way (plus the CBT and Theory) but you've gotta think it ain't so easy And where's the 33BHP restriction after passing a car test I hand the soap box over to the next user...

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 12/02/2008 20:47  

ahhh thanks stuey hey this soap box fits rather well lol there are even more restrictions/tougher test due later this year so hope your 17yo gets on with it mate. Just annother stealth tax for bikers!!!!! Totally agree with power restrictions though (both cars and bikes) although you can do a great deal more harm with a tin box on wheels to others, that as with a bike mainly to yourself (stat show that younger riders have a higher mortality rate year on year) there is nothing stopping a 17yo driving a dirty great hummer/or fast sportscar (apart from insurance costs) but plenty of indulging perants out there still.

Update Reply
Hull750Rider @ 24/04/2008 06:17  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email