MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

is a full face helmet classed as a face covering ?

is a full face helmet classed as a face covering ? - Forums [Biker Match] is a full face helmet classed as a face covering ? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

is a full face helmet classed as a face covering ?

i just went into my local Asda with my full face helmet on . the security guard told me that's not a proper face covering sir , i just laughed and carried on shopping . what's going to get through a visor lol

Update Reply
NorfolkNgood @ 23/07/2020 15:40  

Couple of years ago now, I pulled up at a pump and the guy in the kiosk refused to switch on my pump.
I had my open Face lid on with a scarf over my face.
Feeling annoyed I got off the sporty and went across to him and made it clear that I was not going to remove my helmet/scarf and that I was unhappy with his attitude. I also informed him that I would go elsewhere in the future for fuelling up.

I wrote to the petrol station head office and voiced my opinion regarding the attendant, his attitude and the lack of signs to remove helmets. They gave me an apology, stated that the specific attendant would be also reprimanded? but also stated that their policy is for all motorcyclists to remove their helmets and that they would enforce this through better signage.

We know it's a discrimatary thing and that other people don't have to adhere to these rules due to personal and cultural reasons. It just makes you wonder why people's stereotypical attitude towards bikers never change and especially their stupidity during these Covid times. I know what they are thinking, but they're jumping to conclusions that you have your face covered for a quick splash and dash robbery.

I would advise you to write to the company and complain about your experience. If that is that you can be bothered and have the time?

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 23/07/2020 16:25  

I always took my helmet off when I went to my local fuel station, it had been ripped off so many times they put photos up and details of the fuel thieves, and naturally they were very nervous of customers with their faces covered.
I removed my helmet at other stations too, no hardship to me.

I wonder why he told you that? First off it's not compulsory to wear mouth and nose covering, in shops, until tomorrow 24th July, and second yes I think it is a proper cover, if the visor is closed.
No different to those plastic head bands with perspex visor.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2020 22:32  

My closest fuel station no longerhas my custom, over exacty this issue,used to use it 3 times a week before,their loss,tough....since Covid,unless i'm refuelling the bus,i keep my helmet on filling up and paying...neck tube + plus helmet = polite approval these days..:)))

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 24/07/2020 06:59  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
i just went into my local Asda with my full face helmet on . the security guard told me that's not a proper face covering sir , i just laughed and carried on shopping . what's going to get through a ...

You're missing the point entirely.

It's not a game of what you can get away with but what will provide some protection to yourself and others.
Would you feel safe wearing your bike helmet as protection while working with asbestos? Would you feel safe riding your bike wearing a construction type hard hat?

The NHS isn't getting rid of the additional cold stores yet (to put the dead bodies in) because they are expecting Covid spike 2 later in the year and they are expecting it to be significantly worse than the first.

Whether it happens or not depends on how people respond and their attitude to the recommended measures to control the pandemic. And to make matters worse the guidance will change as we understand this virus more.

Congratulations, you're part of the problem.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/07/2020 20:43  

My old Mum always used to say i was a problem child...seems you're right..👍😙😆

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/07/2020 09:34  

And to the many care workers,frontline folk and NHS staff that are members on here,A HUGE THANK YOU..❤❤❤❤😚👍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/07/2020 09:36  

The gov state on there site you can wear scarves bandanas and such like as long as it covers the right places.You can even use home made masks.I used my zorro one but the shop was not amused lol.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 27/07/2020 10:02  

One of my friends went to Tesco yesterday, forgetting his face covering, so he tried to blag, in a good way, his way in. When he was confronted and told to leave, he questioned the member of staff and asked why they didn't have one too. For which the staff member said because I'm behind this plastic screen.

So therefore Covid is one dimensional. It can go straight forward, but not over, under or around 🤔

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 27/07/2020 14:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email