MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

XV1700 Exhaust! Can anyone help?

XV1700 Exhaust! Can anyone help? - Forums [Biker Match] XV1700 Exhaust! Can anyone help? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

XV1700 Exhaust! Can anyone help?

Got my bike back from the states last month and is currently in the workshop going thru' a full overhaul. It's a Yamaha Roadstar XV 1700 (Wildstar in the UK I think) Anyway I have to put it thru' the SVA test before it can be registered. The current exhaust is too loud and will definitely fail does anyone know where I can pick up an old beat up (but operational) exhaust for it just to get it thru' the test. All donations will be greatly received.

Update Reply
Shy Tot @ 05/02/2008 03:52  

on ebay yu see baffle inserts for sale intended to get yu through the mot! [ i assume thats wot there for!]

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 05/02/2008 05:28  

Well spotted Tango. I PMed Shy Tot about a couple of exhausts on ebay, thought that's what he was after, full exhaust. Sounds like baffle inserts would be cheaper and do the trick, but would they definitely pass the MOT?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/02/2008 05:37  

Thanks guys, will look at both options and let you know the results.

Update Reply
Shy Tot @ 05/02/2008 05:42  

seems a lottery as my baffleless harley gets through every time!someone said it depends on the examimer an his tolerance![or if he's aHD owner!]what they are hot on is number plate visibility!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 05/02/2008 07:23  

The SVA test is a lot more than just an MOT. Is required for any vehicle not registered in the UK. If you build a kit car or trike it must pass the SVA before being issued with a registration document and being allowed on uk roads. Ask anyone whoes built a trike from scratch and you'll understand how picky they are.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 05/02/2008 16:25  

Are you SVA'ing it yourself? I've bought a couple of my bikes back from the States and used D&K to ship them for me as they have a warehouse in Denver and have a dozen containers a year coming over. They sorted out the SVA for me as well. If you check my profile pictures you will see thay are all Yammi's and all with LOUD exhausts! They aren't too far from you really, over in Newcastle Under Lyme. They also bring in a lot of spares so they may even have some pipes for you. Did you replace the whole system or just the end mufflers? If just the end mufflers, I may have some stock ones that may slip on knocking around.

Update Reply
shooter @ 05/02/2008 20:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email