MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What's your take on the latest news about...

What's your take on the latest news about... - Forums [Biker Match] What's your take on the latest news about... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What's your take on the latest news about...

... the virus lockdown and new rules?

Personally I'll be keeping clear from everyone until the official statistics, on death by the virus, gets to ZERO.

What use was Boris' comments about returning to work but not on public transport?

Most of my neighbours haven't taken a bit of notice of the original lockdown rules that are in place. I'm assuming they could be carriers, cos they don't have the symptoms of the virus.

How many more thousands have to die because some folk think it's a national holiday not a national crisis? 🤬

Scotland and Wales refuse to ease up on the rules at all, and they are still saying STAY HOME and not STAY ALERT.
So, if you're thinking of visiting rellies in those places, think again.

Also, although Boris states we can gather with family members, outside, we must still keep the 2 metre distance apart.

So, what's the pigging point?🤔
Have I stayed at home all these weeks for nothing? 🤬

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/05/2020 09:36  

I think this is delay tactics, from the govt, because they are still unsure on what the exit strategy should be.

For me I feel it's also a measure to try and release some public frustration and pressure that people are under. Giving them some sort of so called hope, and that we are trying and maybe beginning the exit strategy process. I think though it's going to promote flaunting of the rules and enforcement of the red flag. Maybe going back to lockdown 😠Especially from Wednesday onwards. Giving those carefree people more freedom to just do what they want and to greater abuse the situation. If they haven't done already, from what I've already seen. We just need more clarification and sense 🤔

I can't understand the different approach too, from each of the home nation's. I thought we were all in it together. After all, we all live in close proximity of each other and on the same Island landmass.

For me I personal agree with you Sandi. I'm not in the high risk group like others, but I'm not going to go full out, on releasing myself into the public and onto the streets. I'm still firmly skeptical and we'll aware of the hidden dangers, that are still present in our communities. I therefore won't be picnicking, or sunbathing at my local town centre green, anytime soon (perish the thought Lol 😂) but I may take a much longer walk and engage in more solo leisure activities. Still following the social distancing measures of course and in a safe way.

As I've said already, in other threads on here, I think we are all in this process for a very long time to come.
Stay safe everybody.

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 11/05/2020 10:10  

Good point there Mick, about the exit strategy, because of the virus I'd totally forgot about it.

Also on the news this morning it stated that those from France won't need to be quarantined if they visit England WHY NOT?

I'm well sick of this country being such a soft touch when it comes to visitors. By that I mean we must abide by their rules/ laws, and rightly so, when we visit other countries but why do we let visitors do as they please when they get here?

Thanks Mick, you stay safe too.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/05/2020 10:34  

Thanks Sandi

I yesterday noticed Boris's talk and quote on the legislation to Isolate visitors to the UK at airports, for 14 days. But didn't know about the French exception 😬 mmm

Dont seem right or correct to me, if that's the case. Double standard stupidity, with no consistency and why 🤔

I'm sure we've all noticed the recent news, on Immigrants continually (of late) coming over the channel. Hundreds entering the UK and possibly not been checked for Corona virus. My own personal view on that is that I'm sure to this day, that the French officials are turning a blind eye and wearing blinkers. Just to get the problem off of their backs.

On top of that, a recent outbreak and spike of the virus in South Korea. All adding to the ever growing confusion over this pandemic.

Man what a topical subject we are talking about. What are we going to talk about when this is all over 🤔 I wonder what. Bikes maybe 🤭😂😂

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 11/05/2020 12:49  

If we ease up on this lock down i can see the same happening here as germany they eased up an now the toll has gone right up again.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 13/05/2020 10:34  

Unfortunately I think your right GL.
Telling most people to keep to social distancing is a waste of time, the herd instinct in most of humanity makes sheep look like independent free thinkers.
We can't afford to continue lockdown, neither can we afford an R0 over 1.

On the plus side I had a lovely ride out today.
The other bikes & cyclists I saw where riding in ones and twos. Walkers seemed to be in small family groups or social distancing.
But its Wednesday. The intelligentsia come out on Wednesdays. Just wait till the knuckle scrapers come out at the weekend!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 13/05/2020 19:14  

Steve, R0 over 1?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 14/05/2020 10:42  

Not sure if it's true but heard china has got it's second peak.South korea seems to be handling pretty well with just over 100 deaths.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 14/05/2020 10:53  

I know we are all itching to get out there and with the slight ease from yesterday there are lots and lots more people out n about. Things are definitely more difficult trying to avoid each other and stay socially distanced.

Personally, I'd prefer to stay on lockdown with no easing at all until we have got the better of this damn virus.

Stay safe everyone🙏

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/05/2020 18:39  

Food for thought for the weekend...

East Coast - Yorkshire. Businesses like hotels, guest houses and most restaurants and cafes remain closed, as do facilities like toilets. Caravan sites are of course also still closed. Visitors should be aware that a trip to the coast this weekend will not offer the usual facilities

The Wolds and Coast - Lincolnshire. Both locations do provide open spaces for exercise but for the time being people are being asked not to rush to visit the area – car parks are closed and tourism businesses such as caravan parks, hotels, bed and breakfasts, restaurants and attractions are all closed.

If you fancy a trip out, make sure you take a sarnie or two, and a drink. Fingers crossed you don't need a loo!!!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/05/2020 20:34  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email