MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Technical Motorbike Help

Chain problems

Chain problems - Forums [Biker Match] Chain problems - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Technical Motorbike Help /

Chain problems

Hi there. I wonder if anybody can tell me what might have gone wrong. My Ducati scrambler has only done 3000 miles and was serviced about 200 miles and 2 months ago.....now the bike shop is shut !

But something has seriously gone wrong with the chain - its suddenly started to dig in to the swingarm - please see photos on my profile in the album called "chain problem"

Any advise would be most welcome.

Thanks

Gavin

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/04/2020 12:26  

Can't see the pics as bm is going unbelievable slow but I would say don't ride it it should be covered under your warenty. But if you continue to use it you could void the cover best option is contact ducati UK and ask for advice

Update Reply
JP @ 12/04/2020 13:25  

Just had a look it don't look right could be wrong sprocket

Update Reply
JP @ 13/04/2020 07:02  

Yep, something is broken so best not ride it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2020 09:46  

It looks like wheel is way out of alinement but that shouldn't make the chain rub on the swinging arm

Update Reply
JP @ 13/04/2020 10:33  

Thanks Guys. I have been talking to people on a facebook group for Ducati Scramblers and it appears that the problem is a broken spacer behind the front sprocket that has buggered everything up and put the chain out of alignment. And you're right, its now not safe or wise to ride. I've heard it may need a new swing arm too, God I really hope it doesn't, but there is damage there...

Apparently is it a common problem on scramblers and the old 800 monsters its based upon

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/04/2020 11:10  

If its a common problem I would of thought they should have checked it on the service. With only 3000 on the clock it may still be under warranty if so its not your problem Ducati will pay

Update Reply
JP @ 26/04/2020 07:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email